Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best split for quad development

muscle_geek

Quads have always been a problem for me. Half of it is because I have been a pussy about it, and the other half is probably genetic. I am 6'5 and about 215. My upper body is pretty massive, but I'm walking on sticks. I know that first I need to focus on my intensity, but I was wondering what split would be best to focus on the quads. When I work quads they are sometimes sore for 4 or 5 days. I have always thought that you shouldn't work a muscle when it is sore because you could overtrain. Is that true? I would like to hit them more often. And what do you think about running explosive sprints every third day or so in the morning? Any advice would be helpful.

I hit quads twice a week. Once on a quad dominant day- full back squats, full fronts, lunges. 3 days later, I indirectly hit them with Deads. Works well for me. You also will get superior leg development (and explosive strength) from doing full squats, ass to calves.

Mr Scrum you got some guys to be hittin legs twice a week shit. My legs are so fucking sore after heavy ass squats I cant train them for another 6 days.

I would recommend though to start out your training split with legs. After a day or two of rest get in the gym and really hit them hard.

Top Bottom