Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best carb for cutting

What carb source are the best for cutting?

• White Rice

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Brown Rice

• Pasta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whole wheat pasta

• Sweet potatoes

• potatoes

• Yams

• Others

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentrevolver

MVP
EF VIP
Ok guys, we all know that cutting is really about calories in vs calories out. Although this notion seems to be rather archaic with all the new nutritional information out there, it is still a good starting point when planning a cutting phase. I usually go on a 50% protein, 25% carbs and 25% fat for cutting. Let's focus on carbs now, what carb sources do you think are the best for cutting and why.

I personally find I cut the best on white rice, which of course is counter intuitive given its very high glycemic index. But it seems to do the trick for me, much better than any other sources, including sweet potato. Take the poll and tell me what you think.

Silentrevolver, honestly there is no best carb for cutting. Everyone is different. Honestly, similar to you it sounds...I prefer white jasmine or basmatti rice over everything else...always combining it w/ protein and veg to slow digestion. While brown rice is good, it tends to take too much chew time and digestion time for me and can sometimes bloat me.

I think it's wise for people first starting to cut to completely try and cut gluten (7 out of 10 people have an intolerance in some way). I know I'm that way and feel 1000000% better an digestion is great. If digestion is great, usually nutrient absorption is better and stress is more easily handled. Less histamine, less cortisol etc.

Ok, I've gone off topic a bit. But honestly I think it's totally individualistic.

Dave I agree that its highly individualistic, and cutting carbs is probably one of the most important aspect of cutting, but cutting it completely is going to be difficult and counterproductive. When I am ON I train twice a day for around 3 hours in total. So I need some carbs during the peri-workout period to keep me going. I am going off on a tangent, but the point of my post really is: If you do take carbs during your cut, which source is the most beneficial, I realise that there is no hard and fast rule, but it's interesting to see what works for each individual

Complex low glycemic carbs seem to work best for me, and are a go to for most people, though I agree there is no one size fits all answer here. Everything is so individualistic. Sweet potatoes and brown rice are my personal choices

The only carb sources I eat on a cut are brown rice, sweet potato, oats, and veggie(usually green leafy veggies) and that is it.

Oh and to the OP the GI of white and brown rice is hardly a factor these days that was like a 90s debate! I choose brown firstly I just think it has more flavor and two because I believe it's a little higher in fiber(and a few nutrients) which is great for cutting

^^^thekid you are right...there is hardly a difference in the GI content, and most times you are pairing with protein/veg too so that lowers the GI load overall. I just sway towards white now more than brown, even when cutting. I still enjoy both, though. I can really pound some white rice though :-0

Top Bottom