Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back in the weightloss game after a long break! Making sure I am doing good!

RBtrucking4

Hello everyone when I was a teenager I weighed 380lbs and lost it all went down to 212 but had battles with alcohol and drug addictions that brought my weight back up and down as the years progressed. I am finally on the right track again however and I am now in the best shape I have ever been in, in my entire life! I run 9 miles a day and weightlift 3 times a week. I am currently trying to cut.

I have the beginings of a 6 pack and my arms are really starting to show serious definition. I just wanted to run my meal plan across here and ask what you guys thought.

I have a bannana before my run 9:00am

12:00pm bagel with 2 slices of cheese, and 2 eggs

3:00pm 2 chicken thighs and an apple

6:00pm (dinner) 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs vegetables and a bowl of soup with some sort of fruit like apple or nectarine.

9:00 protein bar 290 cal / 30g protein and a apple

11:00pm (last meal of day) can of tuna mixed with mayo on 3 pieces of cheese

I usually go to bed around 1am. I have had excellent luck with this meal plan so far but I know that the thinner you get the more strict your body gets as far as what you can eat goes. I have a cheat meal once a week that will consist of usually a bowl of ice cream after my dinner.

Once in a long while like once a month I will have a huge cheat meal where I go all out and maybe eat a whole pizza with a big tub of ice cream.

This is definitely not my first run at cutting but i never really stuck with it before as I said due to getting involved with drugs and alcohol but this time I am in it for the long haul.

Please let me know what you guys think I am open to any and all suggestions, and if you need any more information please let me know, thanks!

Looks pretty good man and good job on losing the weight, the lower bf you get the harder to progress and keep it there, if you are serious then there will be some limitations like the cheese if you can cut it out or at least have one slice instead of 3, also cut the mayo out of your tuna or use less than a tbl spoon for your mayo. Things like this will have a great impact, now something that will make a big difference if you can do it (the first few times may be hard but after then its easy) skip the banana before you run at 9 miles a day your body will be askin for energy and it will usually use the banana as its energy source if you run fasted you will burn more fat. Hope this helps and I wish I could run 9 miles lol!

Looks pretty good man and good job on losing the weight, the lower bf you get the harder to progress and keep it there, if you are serious then there will be some limitations like the cheese if you can cut it out or at least have one slice instead of 3, also cut the mayo out of your tuna or use less than a tbl spoon for your mayo. Things like this will have a great impact, now something that will make a big difference if you can do it (the first few times may be hard but after then its easy) skip the banana before you run at 9 miles a day your body will be askin for energy and it will usually use the banana as its energy source if you run fasted you will burn more fat. Hope this helps and I wish I could run 9 miles lol!

Than you very much for the reply! I was actually wondering about the banana before my run as well but I figured since I wake up at 9 drive to my local reservoir for my run and run my 9 miles by the time I am done with that and having my protein shake it is 11 and then by the time I am back home and eating my bagel it is 12.

I kind of thought that going from 9-12 without any real food would be bad, and stall my metabolism and do more harm than good thats why I added the banana in there pre run. I did't want to end up burning muscle instead of fat, or going into starvation mode. I hear a lot of mixed reviews when it comes to running on an empty stomach versus with a little something in the tank.

It is debatable but your body going starvation mode will take almost 24 hrs I believe, you can look into intermediate fasting your basically doing it now you basically eat 8 hours of the day and consume all your calories then you fast for 16 hours they tell you to perform your cardio and workout in a fasted state. A lot of people are having good success

It is debatable but your body going starvation mode will take almost 24 hrs I believe, you can look into intermediate fasting your basically doing it now you basically eat 8 hours of the day and consume all your calories then you fast for 16 hours they tell you to perform your cardio and workout in a fasted state. A lot of people are having good success

Ya well truthfully this having a banana before my workout is something I just started. My whole weight loss journey has been cardio on an empty stomach so maybe I will go back to that since its been working so well so far!

Thank you very much for the input, I really appreciate it!

First, let me congratulate you on being drug and alcohol addiction, that's an amazing achievement.

Second, your diet can use a bit of tweaking.

-if you run on an empty stomach you'll burn a lot more bodyfat, as fructose fills up the liver first (slowing down your ability to burn bodyfat)

-try: high fiber wheat bagel with 3 eggs and 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil

-switch to 2 chicken breasts (smaller) + 2 cups steamed veggies + 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil

6:00pm (dinner) 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs vegetables and a bowl of soup with some sort of fruit like apple or nectarine.
-switch to chicken breasts and/or fish, add veggies, drop fruit and add either flaxseed or olive oil

-drop fruit, add 1 tbsp. psyllium husk and 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil or an omega 3/6 fish oil mix

-add 1 tbsp. psyllium husk

First, let me congratulate you on being drug and alcohol addiction, that's an amazing achievement.

Second, your diet can use a bit of tweaking.

-if you run on an empty stomach you'll burn a lot more bodyfat, as fructose fills up the liver first (slowing down your ability to burn bodyfat)

-try: high fiber wheat bagel with 3 eggs and 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil

-switch to 2 chicken breasts (smaller) + 2 cups steamed veggies + 1 tbsp. flaxseed oil

-switch to chicken breasts and/or fish, add veggies, drop fruit and add either flaxseed or olive oil

-drop fruit, add 1 tbsp. psyllium husk and 1 tbsp. of flaxseed oil or an omega 3/6 fish oil mix

-add 1 tbsp. psyllium husk

Alright I will definitely take this into consideration! Thank you very much for the suggestion and thanks for the congrats on being drug free!

One question I have though is about the cardio on an empty stomach would you recommend maybe a protein shake before I go running or completely fasted? I am going for maximum fat burn. From an article I just read and found extremely interesting, it states that fasted cardio actually helps target those very hard to reach stubborn fat parts of the body like lower abs for me! Would you say this is true?

Also just wondering it seems like you suggest I drop all the fruit out of my diet. I thought fruit was supposed to be really good, no?

Last edited:
One question I have though is about the cardio on an empty stomach would you recommend maybe a protein shake before I go running or completely fasted? I am going for maximum fat burn. From an article I just read and found extremely interesting, it states that fasted cardio actually helps target those very hard to reach stubborn fat parts of the body like lower abs for me! Would you say this is true?

There is no such thing as 'targeted' fat burning per-se. However, you'll burn a lot more bodyfat on an empty stomach because you're in a semi-ketogenic state in the AM.

Also just wondering it seems like you suggest I drop all the fruit out of my diet. I thought fruit was supposed to be really good, no?

Fructose is stored in the liver first, which slows down fat-loss.

There is no such thing as 'targeted' fat burning per-se. However, you'll burn a lot more bodyfat on an empty stomach because you're in a semi-ketogenic state in the AM.

Fructose is stored in the liver first, which slows down fat-loss.

Alright so ill be cutting the fruit out before my run but just out of curiosity why did you recommend me cut all the other fruit out, will that hinder my weight loss as well?

Top Bottom