Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1st cycle of Winnie

littlebecca said:
Okay so I started this cycle to work on my legs........I go to the gym.......this person I know asks me...while I'm doing squats...Are you working on your legs....Sign # 1...he's bright...He tells me I should try running????? Then tells me about a marathon...he was in again tonight he is becoming OBNOXIOUS!!! I wish he'd GO RUN!! Then a friend of mine "who by the way looks incredible" tells me he is squating light, lots of reps, 6 nights a week???? OKAY I'm considering the squats. Says he alternates front squats every other night. His program does 96 reps total??? Seems insane but he does look good.

Everyone is different, and if you have great genetics, this type of 'over-training' will work, but it is not something you could follow for a long time.

This is the most we know about muscle growth

1. Weight training causes micro tears and induces inflammation and various protien synthesis pathways in the muscle

2. You need food to take adavantage of this, in particular protein, which is the building block of muscle

3. You need to rest. Muscle growth does not happen while you are constantly breaking the muscle down. It happens when you are resting.

Becca, when you say you are training 7 days a week, do you ever have a rest day or take a week off?

Have you been doing that for a long time?

Also, what does the 2.5 h in the gym involve? Does that include cardio and let's say a steam and sauna, or is that all with weights?

In general, from what I have heard, and what I have found from experience, is that any more time than one hour in the gym is over-training, which is as detrimental to muscle growth as not training at all.

More is not better with regards to training.

Over-training results in muscle fatigue, increased cortisol levels, the stress hormone, which will tear down your muscle to make glucose, but it will more than likely deposit all that glucose as fat around the bell, as well as result in CNS (central nervous system) fatigue.

I have been on a 30 -60 min (usually 45 min max, and that is myself and my training buddy) four times a week program (sometimes three) for close to 4 months now (it's my new coach, but I trained similarly before) and I think I have put on about 2-4 pounds of muscle, naturally.

All my lifts have increased, some quite a bit, especially for things like legs and back (up to 50 lb more).

Did your doctor also put in pre and post workout nutrition?

chazk, sorry I thought she had said it was a sports doctor.

I also was just suggesting do not shoot a trainer who is NOT a body builder. They can coach as well, even if they have zero interest in symmetry themselves. As Tatyana said, each professional is different from another one.

Becca, you do train WAY too much..and how do you know you are 13% BF?

littlebecca said:
:eyes:

I think most people avoid it because most Dr.s won't agree to help you. They are against it or don't want to be involved. I'm just lucky enough to have a friend I trust.

I left out the protien shake. I should mention that I'm using a good quality protien.

Here's a question for you....how come they give you the nastiest GAS on the planet????
That protein powder probably doesn't work for you. You have to keep trying until you find one you like and agrees with you. For instance, I'm lactose intolerant and have to be careful the protein I'm taking doesn't contain any milk. It shouldn't make you gassy or you wont be taking it for long..

chazk said:
she is seeing a " friend doctor " not a sports med MD.

She needs to seek out the advice of a comp figure/bodybuilder . Why ? becuase they live the life and will educate her on diet and excersize . MD's do not go to school to learn how to gain muscle and compete.
This is her only body she gets one shot at it. No need to
" experiment " with drugs that cuase serious side effects unless she is willing to give it it 100% and learn everything she can about the sport.

After reading into this more. Seems she will do what ever she wants to do anyways.

If she wants to be a bodybuilder she must eat, train and live as a bodybuilder.
The most exp part and time consuming part of bodybuilding is not in the gym , it is shopping, cooking and preparing meals.
Bodybuilding is a 24/7 thing not just popping a pill ,hitting the gym and eating a few fruits and piece if meat for dinner.

I have trained many men and women over the years. I end up going to a clients house throwing out all the junk and shit food then taking them to the store shopping every week then finally after a few months they learn how to eat correct. It does not happen over night.
Once people get reprogramed how to eat the progress comes really fast.

Bananas = 1 cup zero protien 200 calories

Yogurt = serving average 150 calories 8 grams or protien

1/2 cup of nuts = average 400 calories 13 grams of protien

orange with cottage cheese = 1 cup orange 80 caloroes 1 gram of protien cottage cheese 1 serving 13 grams of protien 80 calories

talapia and asparagus and 1 cup of coffee. = talapia 20 grams of protien 110 calories ,asparagus 1 cup 30 calories 3 grams of protien

if anyone thinks 1000 calories a day with 58 grams of protien is a diet for a trainer on steroids they are living in a fantasy world .
It is not even a diet for a average person that just excersizes each day , hell it is borderline starvation for just a normal everyday do nothing sit at home women if a doctor tells someone to eat 1000 calories a day for a girl that works out 2 1/2 hours a day 7 days a week that doctor needs to have his lic pulled and be sent to the looney bin for malpractice .

Yes he is a sport Dr. That was one day of my diet. The majority of the week is ALOT of egg whites in addition to protien shakes about three a day. I'm not looking for a change that would make me HUGE. Things are taking shape.

Tatyana said:
Everyone is different, and if you have great genetics, this type of 'over-training' will work, but it is not something you could follow for a long time.

This is the most we know about muscle growth

1. Weight training causes micro tears and induces inflammation and various protien synthesis pathways in the muscle

2. You need food to take adavantage of this, in particular protein, which is the building block of muscle

3. You need to rest. Muscle growth does not happen while you are constantly breaking the muscle down. It happens when you are resting.

Becca, when you say you are training 7 days a week, do you ever have a rest day or take a week off?

Have you been doing that for a long time?

Also, what does the 2.5 h in the gym involve? Does that include cardio and let's say a steam and sauna, or is that all with weights?

In general, from what I have heard, and what I have found from experience, is that any more time than one hour in the gym is over-training, which is as detrimental to muscle growth as not training at all.

More is not better with regards to training.

Over-training results in muscle fatigue, increased cortisol levels, the stress hormone, which will tear down your muscle to make glucose, but it will more than likely deposit all that glucose as fat around the bell, as well as result in CNS (central nervous system) fatigue.

I have been on a 30 -60 min (usually 45 min max, and that is myself and my training buddy) four times a week program (sometimes three) for close to 4 months now (it's my new coach, but I trained similarly before) and I think I have put on about 2-4 pounds of muscle, naturally.

All my lifts have increased, some quite a bit, especially for things like legs and back (up to 50 lb more).

Did your doctor also put in pre and post workout nutrition?

Thanks Tat, Yes he did. The training includes a half hour of cardio pre-workout. Stretching and a different muscle group each day except abs, calves and forearms everyday. Yes I take time off between the heavy training. In fact I just booked 7 days in Mexico!!! We cut my intake back to 5 mg. got rid of the sore throat! I am getting what I want out of the cycle. I had hit a wall with my legs. With what I have done so far I should be able to maintain the cuts with no problem. I have to be done with this by the end of the month. Cutting was the reason for the lean diet. I am back down to 120 lbs. and am not having the fluxuations.

Mo'Muscles said:
chazk, sorry I thought she had said it was a sports doctor.

I also was just suggesting do not shoot a trainer who is NOT a body builder. They can coach as well, even if they have zero interest in symmetry themselves. As Tatyana said, each professional is different from another one.

Becca, you do train WAY too much..and how do you know you are 13% BF?

13% was done with calipers at the fitness center by a trainer, she does the jazzercise and aerobic stuff. She took a measurement from several places and averaged it. I'm not competing in Body Building so I don't wanna get to 2-3%. My Dr. tells me that's really hard on the body. The goal was to achieve the definition in my legs. I did add some size to my upper body. Just a 1/2 inch. My upper body was already very cut up. The person who coaches me holds a couple of World titles in power-lifting. He is retired for the most part. We only power lift 3 days a week. Everyday is not a heavy lifting day. Lately we have been benching 2 days a week and training legs 2 days a week. The other 3 days have been spent on shoulders, back and bi's.
Bench days are chest and tri's. Average half hour to 45 min. cardio. and the usual abs, calves and forearms. The abs calves and forearms have a different routine each day.

littlebecca said:
13% was done with calipers at the fitness center by a trainer, she does the jazzercise and aerobic stuff. She took a measurement from several places and averaged it. I'm not competing in Body Building so I don't wanna get to 2-3%. My Dr. tells me that's really hard on the body. The goal was to achieve the definition in my legs. I did add some size to my upper body. Just a 1/2 inch. My upper body was already very cut up. The person who coaches me holds a couple of World titles in power-lifting. He is retired for the most part. We only power lift 3 days a week. Everyday is not a heavy lifting day. Lately we have been benching 2 days a week and training legs 2 days a week. The other 3 days have been spent on shoulders, back and bi's.
Bench days are chest and tri's. Average half hour to 45 min. cardio. and the usual abs, calves and forearms. The abs calves and forearms have a different routine each day.

That is a seriously low bodyfat, and really, I think only the IFBB pros hit that.

Women can compete at a higher bodyfat and look SHREDDED between 8-12% for BBing and for figure 12-14% (they don't want the shredded look).

Really glad to hear that you are working with a sports doctor and ex-powerlifter.

Tatyana said:
That is a seriously low bodyfat, and really, I think only the IFBB pros hit that.

Women can compete at a higher bodyfat and look SHREDDED between 8-12% for BBing and for figure 12-14% (they don't want the shredded look).

Really glad to hear that you are working with a sports doctor and ex-powerlifter.

As far as I know it's only the pros. I know when I lose weight I lose alot of strength. The goal here certainly wasn't about weight loss. And to those concerned with my diet......I totally blew it today!

I celebrated my B-Day with some friends from the office! Peach milk shake and Bread Pudding UGGG. I'm supposed to lift tonight and I'm too full!

Thanks Tat

Woman have 9% essential body fat. When you near that or go below it you risk side effects that are very detrimental to your health.
Becca are you normally a pear shape? Holding fat and not feeling cut when you are 13% BF....have you had your estrogen levels checked?

Mo'Muscles said:
Woman have 9% essential body fat. When you near that or go below it you risk side effects that are very detrimental to your health.
Becca are you normally a pear shape? Holding fat and not feeling cut when you are 13% BF....have you had your estrogen levels checked?

I have heard essential fat levels from 12-14%, I know my period stops at around 10%, I think it probably varies a bit from person to person.

As to how detrimental it is, it could be an interesting debate, maybe we should start another thread. :)

I know I hold more fat on my lower half than upper half, and I have heard that it can occur due to a deficit of essential fatty acids.

Top Bottom