Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

$160,000,000 for an inauguration? WTF......

FOXNews.com - Price Tag of Obama's Inauguration - Special Report w/ Bret Baier

"It is believed President-elect Obama's inauguration will be the costliest in history — around $50 million — despite the recession. President Bush has declared a state of emergency to free up federal funds to help the district cope with the soaring cost of the event."

keep in mind foxnews hates obama so this is going to be biased on the high side if anything. 160,000,000? seriously people try to be a little less stupid/lazy and check your sources

FOXNews.com - Price Tag of Obama's Inauguration - Special Report w/ Bret Baier

"It is believed President-elect Obama's inauguration will be the costliest in history — around $50 million — despite the recession. President Bush has declared a state of emergency to free up federal funds to help the district cope with the soaring cost of the event."

keep in mind foxnews hates obama so this is going to be biased on the high side if anything. 160,000,000? seriously people try to be a little less stupid/lazy and check your sources

I think there are direct costs (event itself), indirect costs (security, traffic control), and extended costs (specific inaugural parties after the ceremony).

The $150M-$200M price tag is all three rolled together.

No shit. The entity that brings you $40 hammers and spends 12 BILLION in Iraq a MONTH.

I mean, c'mon, $160M is nothing.

r

I think there are direct costs (event itself), indirect costs (security, traffic control), and extended costs (specific inaugural parties after the ceremony).

The $150M-$200M price tag is all three rolled together.

the federal government doesn't pay for all of that. inaugural parties are paid for by corporate sponsorship, and security/traffic control doesn't cost more the event itself. Maybe one tenth of the event's cost, tops.

the federal government doesn't pay for all of that. inaugural parties are paid for by corporate sponsorship, and security/traffic control doesn't cost more the event itself. Maybe one tenth of the event's cost, tops.

The feds pay for the inauguration ceremony itself -- I think that's where the $40M-ish number comes from. But the district of columbia and outlying states still have a pretty massive tab as well (security, traffic, etc. etc). But yes, the private parties themselves are paid via contributors.

while I understand "why" obama's inauguration would be the biggest in history, it still gaggles me how much this shit costs. What, do they have stealth fighters flying pattern overhead starting a week before the event itself? I mean, somebody break the numbers down for me. I know paying 20k cops for the day doesn't even come close to a million. Those cops would have to be getting 50k for the day to get to a million, we know that's not true. So what, how does one spend 50 million dollars? You could have the 3rd infantry provide security for this damn thing and still not hit that amount. And parties? What, is there like a giant columbian flake slide at the center of every party? We just rollin in blow and H?? Somebody with an accounting background break this nigga down for me please?

Top Bottom