Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to eat after cardio/HIIT?

Cardinal234

I'm bulking, but am doing HIIT a couple times a week. What should I eat afterwards to make stop any catabolic effects of the cardio? Would my normal PWO shake (whey, Gatorade, a banana) be good?

(By the way, I'm not doing cardio for fat loss, just to stay in shape, so I'm not worried about eating right after cardio)

Fast acting protein source straight after, such as a whey shake or egg whites. This will hit the blood stream within seconds preventing catoblism any further. 90 minutes later protein and carbs combo.

Taking in carbs straight after your butt-busting cardio can interfere with the release of fat burning hormones that are released during your cardio session, hence a non-productive workout.

Much more effective.

Jdevlin1985 said:
Fast acting protein source straight after, such as a whey shake or egg whites. This will hit the blood stream within seconds preventing catoblism any further. 90 minutes later protein and carbs combo.

Taking in carbs straight after your butt-busting cardio can interfere with the release of fat burning hormones that are released during your cardio session, hence a non-productive workout.

Much more effective.

HIIT is extremely taxing on the body. In order to avoid catoblism after this grueling workout, it is ideal to consume whey + dextrose immediatly, as you would after a weight workout. After a long distant low intensity cardio workout, one should consume protein + efa (ex. whey with All Natural Peanut Butter). This should be consumed 30 to 45 minutes post cardio for some of thre reasons that have been mentioned by JDEVLIN1985. GOOD LUCK!

Top Bottom