Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ok, after a day of research... questions on Carb Cycling...

aandd

I found a lot of carb-cycling plans, and almost every one was differetn from the others.. LOL. Can someone help me set up a good program to carb cycle?

NO Carb days. Most of the sites I looked at did NOT exclude veggies on NO CARB days. So, I'm assuming that NO CARB really means MINIMAL CARB. Is that correct? Almost all the plans included veggies in 3+ meals, even on no carb days.

LOW CARB days. What ratio is low carb? One site said 1g/lb - which would be more carbs than I consume on a normal day. I don't think I could even EAT 140 lbs of carbs.

HIGH CARB days. Most of these were similar. Add your own choice of carbs in a sertain number of meals on this day.

CYCLE? A set cycle? Or jsut random carb up whenever you need it? I really won't bother to tie it to my workout, since I workout in the AM right after dropping my oldest off at school.

Well first there are several different ways to do it and also you could also try a couple different ways to see which ones you respond the best to. Remember that there is no "one way" to do a carb cycle. And also my comments are from my own experience with it and my methods may not match w/ whatever formal stuff or guidelines you found.

You can do cycles that start out low & increase the amt of carb across the cycle or just go no carb / carb. The general guideline I use is that the total cals stays the same across all days. And what part of the carb you take out, you replace on that day w/ the same cals in fats (e.g. almonds).

Here's one that increases carbs:
Base - 6 meals of protein + veggie. Meals 2 & 4 also have 50 g of carb (e.g. 3 oz potato).
Day 1: Replace carb in meal 2 w/ same cals in fats (e.g. 15 almonds).
Day 2: Meal 2 eat the carb instead of the fat, meal 4 replace carb w/ fat.
Day 3: Meal 2 & 4 replace the carb w/ fat.
Day 4: REturn carbs to meals 2 & 4
Day 5 repeat 1 -4.

No carb / all carb - 1 / 2 day cycle:
Base: 6 meals, meals 2 & 4 have 50 g carb each (e.g. potato) All other meals are protein + vieggies
Day 1: meals 2 & 4 have fats instead of carbs
Day 2: same
Day 3: meals 2 & 4 have carbs instead of fats.
Day 4 : repeate

No carb / carb - 2 /2 day cycle:
Base: 6 meals, meals 2 & 4 have 50 g carb each (e.g. potato) All other meals are protein + vieggies
Day 1: meals 2 & 4 have fats instead of carbs
Day 2: same
Day 3: meals 2 & 4 have carbs instead of fats.
Day 4: same
Day 5: repeat

To me, veggies are not counted as "carbs". We're oinly cycling on the starchy carbs. But also keep your veggies to the green, leafy type that are not higher in glycemic index (e.g. carrots).

aandd said:
I found a lot of carb-cycling plans, and almost every one was differetn from the others.. LOL. Can someone help me set up a good program to carb cycle?

NO Carb days. Most of the sites I looked at did NOT exclude veggies on NO CARB days. So, I'm assuming that NO CARB really means MINIMAL CARB. Is that correct? Almost all the plans included veggies in 3+ meals, even on no carb days.

LOW CARB days. What ratio is low carb? One site said 1g/lb - which would be more carbs than I consume on a normal day. I don't think I could even EAT 140 lbs of carbs.

HIGH CARB days. Most of these were similar. Add your own choice of carbs in a sertain number of meals on this day.

CYCLE? A set cycle? Or jsut random carb up whenever you need it? I really won't bother to tie it to my workout, since I workout in the AM right after dropping my oldest off at school.

Top Bottom