Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some advise for my post workout carb timing

KQguy

My workouts consist of about 1 1/2 hrs. of weight training,and 25 min. of cardio immediately after lifting weights.My post workout drink consists of 50gr carbs(gatorade),and 1/3 cup whey protein. When would be the best time to consume my postworkout drink,immediately after lifting weights(prior to cardio),or right after cardio(25 min. after weight training)?

it depends if u are trying to cut weight take it after cardio but if you are gaining take it right after workout before cardio.

To be straight forward on this after cardio before cardio theres basically no difference before you burn it during, after cardio you'll burn it an hour or so after consumption when your thermo kicks in. If your trying to gain shorten your workout time and bump your weight a little and cut back to cardio on off days. if your cutting just the opposite. In my opinion if your not training for show you can get just as much if not more results with 45 min. to an hour of weight training than a 1 1/2 of workout then your doing a half hour of cardio. Your not giving your body the time it needs carb timing depends on duration of workout. If your training 1 1/2 hours then cardio carb it about 30 to 45 minutes.

Peace, Forged

what are your goals? Sometimes PWO carbs are over-rated, sometimes not... Depends on goals and what you are trying to do.

The magic windows for PWO isn't what most people think... You don't have to slam a shake 30 seconds after your workout. After cardio is a better option in my opinion, especially if you are cutting. But why gatorade for your carb source?

Top Bottom