Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help me change my life (diet and weight training tips needed!)

CRounder99

Hello all,

First I’d like to say that I am new to these forums and by far this looks to be the best ones on bodybuilding and weight loss I have seen. I come to you all for help. I am a college student and in need of some serious lifestyle changes.

I’m around 6’0-6’1 and currently weigh 194 lbs. I have excess weight around my stomach and thighs and I have love handles. I have just recently started dieting (about a week ago) and lost 2 pounds in that week. I try to eat healthy foods like tuna, chicken, turkey, pretzels, and an assortment of fat free foods like Fat Free Fig Newtons, ect.

I need professional help on getting a diet together that a college student can maintain, and tips on how to get into weight training. I know that just diet alone will probably not give me the body I want so I would really like to join a gym and start lifting. But I figure I need to lose the gut before I start to lift? I have been doing cardio (running) for 20-30 min every few days, but I plan to step that up to everyday.

I have the willpower and desire; I just need a little help. Thank you to all those who take time to help me out and I really appreciate it.

You need to start to lift to lose the gut. Don't be afraid of the gym, the fact that you are doing something about your body is more than most ever do in a lifetime.

Train hard, diet hard. Diet is probably 75% of everything we (at least I) do in the gym to get to where I want to be.

sgtslaughter said:
^^^^ OH YEAH ^^^^

whether you're looking to bulk up or cut up... diet is more than Essential!

read around the forums for awhile bro... welcome to EF!

Thanks man, I'll look to see how I need to model my diet because I really need help knowing which are the best foods to eat and it what amounts.

CRounder99 said:
Hello all,

First I’d like to say that I am new to these forums and by far this looks to be the best ones on bodybuilding and weight loss I have seen. I come to you all for help. I am a college student and in need of some serious lifestyle changes.

I’m around 6’0-6’1 and currently weigh 194 lbs. I have excess weight around my stomach and thighs and I have love handles. I have just recently started dieting (about a week ago) and lost 2 pounds in that week. I try to eat healthy foods like tuna, chicken, turkey, pretzels, and an assortment of fat free foods like Fat Free Fig Newtons, ect.

I need professional help on getting a diet together that a college student can maintain, and tips on how to get into weight training. I know that just diet alone will probably not give me the body I want so I would really like to join a gym and start lifting. But I figure I need to lose the gut before I start to lift? I have been doing cardio (running) for 20-30 min every few days, but I plan to step that up to everyday.

I have the willpower and desire; I just need a little help. Thank you to all those who take time to help me out and I really appreciate it.

Forget fat free shit if Fat Free means MORE SUGAR

Props to you for taking the first step! Unlike other newbies first posts saying "Where can I find a source and is $5000 too much for 1 amp of sust?"
Karma to you!

I'm in college too, and was even bigger when i came into school. For 2 years i tried to just get smaller, lose fat, diet, and never really lifted hard. I lifted more as a form of cardio. Sure, i lost some weight. But over the last 8 months i've focused on lifting HARD, and i've had better results than over the last 2 years. I'd say the first thing you can do would be to put some muscle on (i know, it sounds wierd, but in the long run it will REALLY help.)

In june '05 when i was somewhat ok with how i looked, i went to get my BMR calculated and i was told it was 1815 cals a day, for an active 20 year old. NOT GOOD!!! since then i've just been lifting my brains out with two cycles of the single factor 5x5, and wow has it helped. as for diet, i moved off campus so i've had much more controll on what i eat. are you still eating on campus?

dce2956 said:
I'm in college too, and was even bigger when i came into school. For 2 years i tried to just get smaller, lose fat, diet, and never really lifted hard. I lifted more as a form of cardio. Sure, i lost some weight. But over the last 8 months i've focused on lifting HARD, and i've had better results than over the last 2 years. I'd say the first thing you can do would be to put some muscle on (i know, it sounds wierd, but in the long run it will REALLY help.)

In june '05 when i was somewhat ok with how i looked, i went to get my BMR calculated and i was told it was 1815 cals a day, for an active 20 year old. NOT GOOD!!! since then i've just been lifting my brains out with two cycles of the single factor 5x5, and wow has it helped. as for diet, i moved off campus so i've had much more controll on what i eat. are you still eating on campus?

Actually no, I do not live on campus and do most of my eating from what I buy at the grocery store. I don't eat out a lot, except when I take the girlfriend somewhere then I try to get grilled fish or chicken. Is there any links that helped you get started in lifting? I know people do different parts of the body on different days, ect. but I'm not really sure on any specifics.

Top Bottom