Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GMO salmon opinions

derek simon

I was wondering is this genetically engineered salmon could cause any harm in the long and if it's as nutritional as the organic one, I have been a salmon lover for years and I take it as protein source when training season starts, but I used to get it fresh off the river in alaska where I'm from, I moved to boston and now I have to get it from the supermarket, so I have some concerns I hope you can help me out with, thank you

your concerns are well founded

there is no such thing as wild salmon sold at the supermarket or fish market. it is as ridiculous as when i see gulf shrimp. 95% of shrimp is imported from asia and they can legally put that. also 60% of the fish you eat at restaurants is not the fish you order

your best bet would be to take some fishing trips to VT, NH, or Maine and bring back your own fresh fish

Me personally - I wouldn't eat it.

The FDA states that there will be no long term health issues with eating genetically modified food but I personally think they are jumping to that conclusion way too fast. No long term studies have been done on eating genetically modified foods.

We are starting to play god with food and it's getting scary. Cancer rates are going up every year and I think it's a large part of the reason.

It'll cost you more money but I would stick with wild caught salmon. Check out canned salmon. All canned salmon is wild caught and very inexpensive.

That is a two folded question. On one hand, how do you know for sure that the salmon sold in supermarkets is genetically modified? For instance, I used to live in Spain for some time, and there the representatives of the supermarkets and malls would buy out the fish from local fishermen everyday, so that fish was natural from the sea.

But then again - GMO stuff is bad, and it is bad not because you will get a tail or something like that. It is bad because there is barely any research done on this, so we literally know almost nothing about the possible consequences of consuming GMO foods.

Finally, there is also the catch that by far you will never know for sure if the food has been genetically modified, or not.

If it was once in a while no big deal but if it is a regular part of your diet then definitely go with non GMO fed salmon. Wild caught, organic.

Top Bottom