Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the concept of a "SOUL MATE"...

M

madbomber31

i was listening to ed tyll today, he is a radio talk show pecker... and he was talking about soul mates... he was very against the idea that they existed and when he had a caller he asked what a soul mate was... most definitions were : someone who compliments me... someone who thinks like me... someone who i know inside and out.. someone i love dearly... etc...

isnt a soul mate actually more than that? cant you have the above with many different people? i believe a soulmate is someone who you come across in different lives... that is, if a soul mate exists... and if we live more than one life... a soulmate is simply another soul that you are intertwined with throughout your many existances... example... person A and person B are married in one life, the next are brother and sister, the next mother and son, father and daughter, brothers, sisters... etc.... seems like a more workable definition then the above bullshit...

what is your idea of a soulmate?

I think a soul mate is someone who is like perfect for you. I know who mine is but unfortunatly she doesnt want me. She did at one time but it just took a while for me to come around..I guess im too late...

out of 6.2 billion people on this earth you think only ONE is PERFECT for you??? no way!!! i've gotten along great with more than one girl... i believe that their are many people out their that would seem "perfect" for me... its not a matter of finding "THE ONE" but one of them...

I think there are many people in the world that are suited for any given people (some moreso than others due to personality conflicts) - as you say, there are a shitload of people in the world, so statistically speaking, there has to be more than one... well, maybe not "has to" - but it is very likely.
and personalities change over time, hence why there are lots of divorces, the person you married and loved might be very different in 20 years. if that difference conflicts with how you've changed over the years, it makes it difficult to continue the relationship, but if it coincides with your changes, then the relationship is just as strong or stronger.

I personally feel my current girlfriend is my soulmate and at this point I hope she remains so for a long time.

i will have to second those sentiments by happyscrappy. i think things do change in relationships but even if that person is your soul mate you still need to work on things to adapt to these changes.

Your soul mate...you just kind of know, you know? She is it and you probably, on some level, knew it from the moment you met her. Is there more than one soul mate for each person. I would say so, but they are very, very few and far between.

madbomber31 said:
isnt a soul mate actually more than that? cant you have the above with many different people? i believe a soulmate is someone who you come across in different lives... that is, if a soul mate exists... and if we live more than one life... a soulmate is simply another soul that you are intertwined with throughout your many existances... example... person A and person B are married in one life, the next are brother and sister, the next mother and son, father and daughter, brothers, sisters... etc.... seems like a more workable definition then the above bullshit...

I agree with that sort of description. I don't think a soul mate has to be singled down to a romantic interest and I do not believe in any way that there is only one person out there made just for you. It's a romantic notion but I mean really - what are the odds of finding that person? I know, I know - it's fate. I can't totally subscribe to that sort of thinking either, I'm too practical.

Jimsbbc said:
so basically you're saying it is a pipe dream. Thank you for ruining my romantic dream, lol. ;)

Perhaps I should add - there are many *soul mates* out there for you. You shouldn't be led that there is only one out there for you. If you were to live by that how would you know for sure if you found the right one? You would keep looking and looking for the better one, th emore mine one. How many times did you think - ouuuuu YES, this is the one!! YES YES YES - to find out you can't stand this person 18 months later.

Hate when that happens.

It's like bad seafood - it stays with ya for a while.

Top Bottom