Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

dextrose/maltodextrin

rez

I had this on another post....

where do u get these? or what foods are they contained in?
also why is it bad to have fruit (eg pineapple/orange) for a post w/out if it has a high gi...

in regards to pre w/out, should you have carbs in the pro shake if working out first thing in the morning and trying to cut?

a lot of people order from the ProteinFactory, I do. but you can get maltodextrin at any half decent supplement store, and the dextrose can be found on many sites online that sell ingredients for wine making and brewing.

Fructose is low glycemic and will cause a lower insulin response than other choices, which is actually what you're shooting for with your post-workout shake. It also raises blood triglycerides and can lead to increased fat if consumed in excess of 50g a day. (This is about 2 pieces of fruit.) It's useful post-workout to restore liver glycogen, but you need glucose or glucose polymers, e.g. maltodextrin, to fully restore muscle glycogen.

I'm pretty sure that fructose doesn't cause a insulin spike at all. it is abosrbed through a different cellular pathway then most other sugars, but I could be mistaken about the insulin part..

Top Bottom