Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question Relating to Sauna & Growth ?

24EggsADay

Hi ya,

Quick one, m 6" 2, 212lbs. Very athletic. Anyway like many here, my goal is to put on just muscle and escalate up to about 225lbs. Been gymming and juicing...for three years. Diet is all good, i make sure i get the right stuff in. But i have a question about sauna or steambath as regards weight gain.

Over the last three years using the right cycles and eating etc, i have done basically 2 cycles of 3 months each followed up with pct. I increased by body weight by 30lbs (i.e. 10 lbs per year...that i kept..obiviously during cycles i have shot up way more than just 10 lbs.....so 10lbs kept weight per year)...recently i started sitting in the steam bath and sauna for like 10minutes or 15 minutes after each session. My weight seems to have flatlined.....m eating, i even went back to carb shakes, protein bars etc.....i look really good, obviously 3 months everyday in the sauna after each session, m bigger and more cut than ever have been, but am i not increasing in terms of kilos due to the sauna?

Any ideas? :Chef:

Study done which showed that a cold shower shock raised the amount of something in the bodies chemistry and over a longer time period more gains were kept or even gained. So even if the sauna feels like a great relaxer, try the cold shower especially in the morning after work out.

Its just water loss,anyway the first glass of water you drink will replace the waTer you lost in the sauna,the body has a way of regulating itself!

Im a professional fighter and i use diet and sauna every other month to lose 22lbs in four days,weight in friday night and by saturday at 5 pm the 22 lbs is back.All the sauna is doing is droping water,witch like radar said is istantly replaced when you rehydrate.

Nothing wrong at all. Just some sub q water loss.

Actually a large canadian study recently showed that sitting in a heated room pwo (40 degrees celcius and nowhere near as hot as a sauna) inhibited the surge of glycemic uptake into the skeletal muscle so there might be something to it. See if I can find the study.

Found another study with basically the same results:

Training & Testing
Int J Sports Med 2010; 31(8): 561-566
DOI: 10.1055/s-0030-1254083

© Georg Thieme Verlag KG Stuttgart · New York

Environmental Temperature and Glycogen Resynthesis

M. Naperalsky2, B. Ruby1,2, D. Slivka1
1 University of Montana, Montana Center For Work Physiology and Exercise Metabolism, Missoula, United States
2 University of Montana, Health and Human Performance, Missoula, United States
Abstract

This study investigated the effects of hot (H) and room temperature (RT) recovery environments on glycogen resynthesis. Nine male participants completed two trials, cycling for 1 h in a temperature-controlled chamber (32.6°C), followed by 4 h of recovery at 32.6°C (H) or 22.2°C (RT). Rectal temperature was continuously recorded. A carbohydrate beverage (1.8 g/kg bodyweight) was supplied at 0 and 2 h post-exercise. Muscle biopsies were taken immediately, 2 h, and 4 h post-exercise for glycogen analysis. Blood samples were taken at 30, 60, 120, 150, 180, and 240 min into recovery for glucose and insulin analysis. Expired gas was collected at 105 min and 225 min into recovery to calculate whole body carbohydrate oxidation. Average core temperature, whole body carbohydrate oxidation, and serum glucose at 120, 150, 180 and 240 min was higher in H compared to RT (p<0.05). Muscle glycogen was higher in RT vs. H at 4 h (105±28 vs. 88±24 mmol·kg−1 wet weight, respectively; p<0.05), but no different at 0 and 2 h. There was no difference in serum insulin. These data indicate the importance of minimizing the exposure to heat after exercise to improve recovery, specifically to improve glycogen resynthesis.
Key words

carbohydrate - recovery - heat - glucose - insulin

hi to every one i am new one guy here how about all me a athletic have 200lb weight and fit and muscular i shared my experience with you people here

hi to every one i am new one guy here how about all me a athletic have 200lb weight and fit and muscular i shared my experience with you people here

Hi and welcome to EF,
I suggest u make an introduction thread where u post ur stats in more detail but that is entirely up to u. Ur post in this thread is somewhat off-topic tho. U should read the stickies, especially the one with the forum rules. That is an absolute must.

Top Bottom