x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Hitting Lats

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Hitting Lats within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: Ive been training for a few years now, but im finding it really hard to isolate my lats. I do wide grip chins, lat pulldowns, deadlifts, one armed dumbell rows. But they still dont wanna grow. I need some help. Cheers Mick

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Thread: Hitting Lats

Ive been training for a few years now, but im finding it really hard to isolate my lats. I do wide grip chins, lat pulldowns, deadlifts, one armed dumbell rows. But they still dont wanna grow. I need some help. Cheers

Mick

Bump this...
    Me too, I never seem to get a good back workout. My lats just dont get a good pump like other body parts.

with lat pulldowns you have a tendency to cheat or jerk the weight down like many guys you see in the gym they pile on way too much weight and do not pull with proper form the whole key to working the back is to 'contract' the lats and thats why they are not responding what you should do is freehand pullups,chinups and weighted chins once you get to about 20 reps lots of guys have built a wide back with chins alone with those theres absoloutly no way of cheating.

Olympian
    Split your back workout up. One time do all pullup type movements (lats), the other time do all rowing movements (rhomboids) and some rear delt work.

Also for feeling the lat it may help to pre-exaust with a pullover type movement before chinning or doing pull-ups/pulldowns.

The_Eviscerator
    You want to concentrate on pulling your scapulas together and really try to contract your lats. It is possible that you are using too much of your arms. Try pre-exhausting your arms and then doing your back work-out. The weights will be less, but you will be using more lats and less arms.

Try doing close grip pulldowns instead of wide grip. Stretch out good at the top of the movement and pull all the way into the chest. I really like these.

Good Bro
    do only the compound-basic exercises.....hit 3-4 exercises for 3-4 sets

barbell rows---'cherry-picker rows'(leaning at a 45 degree ankle)---is what did it for me...griping just wider than delts...

heavier-deadlifts will put mass like no other too...
    ...ever try an all deadlift workout for back

barbells & dumbells for heavy 6 reps