x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: DOMS is short for delayed onset muscle soreness. In other words, its the name for the sorness your muscles experience 24 hours after a workout. My question is does anyone ever not get DOMS OR cant get it no matter how hard they work out? To me, DOMS is a measure of a good workout. I like to feel sore the next day, it tells me I achieved something. But, sometimes, I cant get that soreness I like so much, no matter how hard I work out (to failure). :chomp: Anybody have input on this?

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)

DOMS is short for delayed onset muscle soreness. In other words, its the name for the sorness your muscles experience 24 hours after a workout. My question is does anyone ever not get DOMS OR cant get it no matter how hard they work out?

To me, DOMS is a measure of a good workout. I like to feel sore the next day, it tells me I achieved something. But, sometimes, I cant get that soreness I like so much, no matter how hard I work out (to failure).

Anybody have input on this?

Re: DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)

no input but i exp the same thing,lately i have been getting sore but before hand i could do the same workout and not get sore?!!! dunno but i can vouch for you on that one

Depends.. if one warms up and stretches properly, and performs excercises that they've done recently, you probably won't get much doms.

If you don't warm up or stretch, or change up excercises or weight amounts, you'll probably get sore. Either way, I don't think it is an accurate predictor of muscle growth.

Good Bro

DOMS are in no way a measure of how effective your workout was.

hmm.... i dont know i have heard both extremes on this one. anyone have any proof?

At the squat rack, on the bike or right behind your woman

I've always considered DOMS getting sore 48 hrs later; to me being sore the next day doesn't really qualify as 'delayed'.
    "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8Z68-V board | Corsair Obsidian 650 case | CORSAIR Pro HX650 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 | GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 1GB | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Green 640GB | Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM LED | Ubuntu Linux

I believe and (I have no proof), that soreness comes from stretching/overstretching a muscle during the exercise itself.

Take ticeps and Biceps, the Bi`s never really get sore but the tri`s do because of the extreme stretch they get. Shoulders rarely get sore as opposed to chest (which gets stretched.)

I`ve only come to this conclusion from self examination of the years of lifting/soreness I get.
    do it now

Official Iron Angels Member

Reading the mod's TOS handbook.

Mad Scientist

i get it REALLLY bad in my calves... sometimes can barely walk 2-3 days after.

Registered User The_Eviscerator's Avatar
    Suffering from gang green in my legs, brain cancer and the urge to hang myself with a belt... Damn you Steroids!!!

Quote Quote posted by *Fucker
    DOMS are in no way a measure of how effective your workout was.

Exactly, a newbie mistake is to equate soreness level with level o effectiveness of work-out....

Want to make your legs really sore? Go run a marathon and see how big you get.

DOMS can occur anytime 24-48 hours after a workout. I tend to agree with GONELIFTING. It seems the muscles that get stretched seem to play a role. Only rarely do my biceps get sore but my pecs are always sore.

THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS!