Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UTI problems

SoKlueles

I love Mava
Platinum
I know this should go into the medical forum but i want you girls to chime in and tell me if you ever had this problem and what you did or whatever
ok ive been battling UTI's for over a year now, at one time the drs gave me 5 different kinds of antibiotics, they clear them up but they come back
i do everything im supposed to do, wipe front to back, use those feminine wipes, i even have the fem wash and it doesnt help.
well i am going to a urologist next thursday because i cant get ti totally cleared up
the last tiem i went to the dr(who referred me to the urologist) he did another urine test, and i thought it was going to be good because it looked well i guess, almost normal. and he said there were alot of white and red blood cells in it soooo im back at square one
anyway, sometimes i get sharp pains in my bladder, not alot, but some
and it seems to act up when im about to have my period and then it goes from there
could my period have anything to do with it? and when i go to the dr, what can i expect?

UTI's are caused by bacteria (ecoli) getting into the urethra. Not urinating after sex or masturbation can be a cause, and sometimes even if you do urinate immediately after you can still get one. Some people are more susceptible to UTI's than others.

It sounds like you try to prevent them as much as possible, but sometimes you just can't. I don't think the onset of your period is directly related; however, I would be sure to use tampons and not pads to prevent any bacteria from entering the urethra.

You can also use cranberry extract to make the urinary tract uncomfortable for bacteria. Grapefruit and lemon will also do this.

....yes, I'm speaking from experience here. You're not alone!

Good luck....I hope you feel better soon. :)

well i went to the dr and he put me on a low dose of antibiotics that i am to take every night for a while. he said in order to not get infection is to prevent the infection
he says that maybe some of the antibiotics that i have taken have not completely gotten rid of the infection so in order to be sure that i totally get rid of the infection is to take the low dose for a while and that if the infection reoccurs during the process of taking the meds, then to call him and make another appt, otherwise hell see me in 3 months
thanks sg for your response, i hate having those nasty things:(

Try Uva Ursi (bear berry) extract. It is available at most health food stores and also acts to make the UT inhospitable to UTI's. (My mom is very prone to UTI's and she swears by UU.

I had a friend who had a longstanding UTI she couldn't get rid of (something like 2 months).

She finally went to a urologist who asked her a very telling question: When you get your urine tested, do they give you a prescriptoin when you're leaving the office the same time you left the sample, or do they call you about a day later for the script. Turned out that her primary had been prescribing antibiotics without actually waiting to see WHAT kind of bug she had in her urine.

Another thing, when a UTI gets its claws into you it's really tough to shake that fucker with herbal meds and alternative treatments.

Finally, Klu, recurrent UTIs can be caused by bugs getting passed between partners. Guys often don't show symptoms. No guy wants to deal with testing, but at the least you need to get him a prescription.

I'm sorry you have had UTI problems- I know how much they suck!!

I'm suprised your doctor keeps giving you antibiotics. When you take antibiotics, you kill all the bacteria in your body- the good and bad bacteria.

After taking your medicine, it is important to consume a lot of yogurt. Kefir is the best- it contains 10 different probiotics and this will help your body attain healthy bacteria. Eat yogurt three times a day to eliminate UTI's as much as possible. Also, try drinking the light Cranberry juice at the grocery store or the cranberry concentrate that you can get from a healthfood store. The combination of cranberry and probiotics should help a lot.

If you are getting UTI's that much, I think it would be wise to keep your area as dry as possible. If you wear pads, it's good to change them every two hrs. and if you wear panty liners, change those every three hrs. I know that vagisil has this powder you can put on your panties to keep the area dry and that might help from allowing bacteria to grow. Just be sure that the powder doesn't go in unnecessary places lol....good luck and I hope you feel better!!!

Last edited:
I used to get a UTI 5-6 times a year. I stopped taking antibiotics cause they are poison to the system. I just changed my diet. Look into a booked called "The yeast Connection".
Also my best friend had UTI's so bad for years. Her urologies looked at her bladder and said it looked like a pc of leather from all the yrs of infections.
How she got rid of them: her sister (who is one the top homeopaths in Montreal) put her on a macrobiotic diet, she got rid of them once and for all. That was 15 yrs ago and she never had once since.
Seriously......look into diet and get off the meds. If one round of antibiotics will not cure it a 2nd or 3d round won't help either.

Do you eat a lot of sugar? Sugar can cause yeast overgrowth and result in yeast infections and UTI's.

Do you use contraceptive foam, inserts? These give me a UTI every time! My doc said some women are sensative to foam, and spermicides.

Are you drinking enough to flush your urethra out? Water is best,but any liquid will make you pee. Being dehydrated will cause you not to go as often, therefore bacteria can travel up frequently.

As stated above UTI is caused from bacteria in the urethra, but yeast can irritate the urethra and cause your Ph to flucuate,and your body might not be able to fight off as much bacteria.

Some might think I am nuts, but I did a yeast cleanse once, I am not heavy into natural meds, but I thought after all the anibiotics I would give this a try. It has been almost a year and I have had no UTI's ( use to get one atleast three times a year)or yeast infections( it happened rarely, but it still sucked).

I personally would not keep staying on antibiotics, I am a nurse and I see patients who take round after round of antibiotics, it will eventually put your defense for bacteria at a stand still, resulting in your bodies own ability to fight infections, and thus the cycle continues.

thanks guys for your responses.
this is an update of my uti.
I read on the 2nd post i believe to use tampons instead of pads for my period. I used pads with the silly thought that they wouldnt hurt a uti as bad as a tampon because it seemed thqat i was getting the uti's during or after my period and i would almost scream from the pain when i peed. i changed up every 2 =3 hours because yuck for any longer
i used tampons my last period and i still havent had a uti.
i havent even had to get my script filled, what a load of crap. i paid a freakin MAN who didnt care 45 bucks(copay) when all i had to do was ask you girls
thanks alot guys

SoKlueles said:
thanks guys for your responses.
this is an update of my uti.
I read on the 2nd post i believe to use tampons instead of pads for my period. I used pads with the silly thought that they wouldnt hurt a uti as bad as a tampon because it seemed thqat i was getting the uti's during or after my period and i would almost scream from the pain when i peed. i changed up every 2 =3 hours because yuck for any longer
i used tampons my last period and i still havent had a uti.
i havent even had to get my script filled, what a load of crap. i paid a freakin MAN who didnt care 45 bucks(copay) when all i had to do was ask you girls
thanks alot guys

Glad you are feeling some relief, you might be allergic to pads, my sister is, so it is common.

Top Bottom