Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Trying out carb cycling- need some advice

I posted this last night under my boyfriends account but have decided to make my own.

I have been working out for about a year now and have decided to try out carb cycling to lose some body fat. I am 20 years old, weigh about 118 pounds and am 5 foot 2 in. I am not competing or anything, I just want to look more lean.

I made up a diet plan but I need some help/advice.

This is for my low carb days:

Meal 1:
1 scoop isopure protein
9 tbsp liquid egg whites = 3 eggs

Meal 2:
1 piece of tilapia
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup of cottage cheese

Meal 3:
Celery and 2 tbsp of peanut butter

Meal 4 (pre-workout):
Same as meal 1

Meal 5 (post-workout):
2 pieces of salmon
7 spears of asparagus

Low Carb Days:calories= 1,015, Fat=27g, net Carbs=23g, protein = about 150g
I know I need more calories, I just don't know what to add

High carb days:

Meal 1:
1 pack of lesser sugar oatmeal
1 light & fit Greek yogurt

Meal 2:
1 piece of tilapia
1/2 cup of brown rice
1 cup of broccoli

Meal 3:
2 pieces of Ezekiel bread
2 tbsp of peanut butter
1 tbsp of polaners

Meal 4(pre-workout):
Quest protein bar

Meal 5(post-workout):
2 pieces of tilapia
1 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup brown rice
High carb: calories=1,365, fat=36g, carbs=149g, protein = 124g

Does this sound like a good meal plan? I plan on doing 2 days of low carbs then 1 day high carbs. I do not like chicken that much and I will not eat red meat.

I work out 5 times a week and do HIIT almost 5 days a week. Any advice on my plan?

Thanks

your carb cycling pattern need not be alternating days. As long as the lion's share of your carb intake occurs immediately following truly vigorous physical activity such as cardio or fairly intense weight training, the carbs will be used to restore hepatic and/or skeletal muscle stores of glycogen. Depending on a variety of factors eccentric to the individual you can actually get pretty lean continuing to consume carbs daily using this sort of pattern. Now once you begin to into the very low subq bf range, the standard day-on/day-off pattern will probably become neccesary to continue to metabolize bf.

Remember though the single most effective way to acheive your goal of looking firmer is to focus on adding muscle, not loosing fat. Given your quoted physical stats, you're not fat now, probably just a bit soft looking. If you managed to add 8-10lbs of muscle but your bf remained exactly the same, you'd look substantially harder.

Top Bottom