Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Opinions on GVT?

GVT is incredibly hard to recover from if not an "assisted" athlete. It really takes it's toll on the system, especially the CNS.

How long have you taken off of training? If a short while, you should do fine on it, but I really don't like tempo schemes even though Poliquin seems to live by them. I am a big proponent of exploding the weight up at all times. This makes better sense as far as I am concerned because it will activate more typeII fibers. I understand the basis for doing a set tempo because with all the extra volume you will probably hit all the fibers, but as a rule, I generally like to tell people to accelerate the weight on the concentric.

If you have taken a long time off......a period of a couple of months, realize that your body is going to respond to any type of training until it hits a homostasis. Muscle memory will take place, but why push this type of intense training until you meet or exceed where the muscle memory has reached it's peak?

I don't know your history, or training methodology, but GVT is not something I would really ever consider until I hit a plateau.

Top Bottom