Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Daily Routine…Please help!

I never thought about making turkey patties, that would be good.

What I'm learning from ya'll is eating good doesn't mean it can't be tastey. I've always thought of dieting as a punishment instead of a way to stay healthy and in shape. I don't believe in those programs that do fast weight losing because I feel like once you get off the program you gave it all back.

My favorite fruits is grapefruit, pineapple and watermelon even though I know they can be high in sugar I know they're better for me to snack on then chips and junk.

I like the idea of the cottage cheese w/ the tomato. Cottage cheese melts? I never knew that. I am so excited about all this. Thanks again ladies! I will keep ya'll posted.

Truth0306 said:
I forgot to ask what kind of protein shake do ya'll recommend? And where can I get it from?

I think it's based on personal taste...... I like Optimum Nutrition's myself....

Look around you to see if you have a local "discount" nutrition store. GNC can be expensive.......

And check out the sticky "Recipe Thread!" -- there's some good tasty food in there that's healthy!! And if you have cooking/food related ? post em up -- we can help!!

And don't think of it as a diet -- just as a way of eating....

Hey Girlie,

I took a quick look through your log. I'm going to post my shopping list for ya to help you get jump started:

Eggs (3-4 cartons)
Old Fashioned Oats
Light Cottage Cheese (either Nonfat or 1% pineapple)
Chicken Breast
Chicken Thighs (both skinless, or be prepared to cut the skin off)
Brown Mustard(be surprised how much flavor it will add)
Cans of Tuna in Water
Cans of Salmon
Almonds
Frozen spinach & brocolli (i don't like but i try to eat anyway - acutally I could afford to eat some more)
Water (jersey water sucks)
Peaches
Bananas (very rarely)
Apples
Grapefruit (very rarely)
red onions, red peppers, green peppers
NF shredded cheddar
Skim Milk
Protein Powder (I like Designer Protein & Syntrax Nectar)

Start slowly and your taste buds will adjust. If you drink coffee still drink it, just use skim milk and splenda to lighten and sweeten.

Small changes all add up to BIG drops.

Cardio I hate hate cardio. I hate it even more since it's so hot. I take classes to take the boredom out of it, and when that gets old, I jump on the Ellyptical. 30 minutes 2 or 3 times a week, HIIT style. That's all it takes.

I work out with weights 3-4 times a week. I mix it up according to time. If I had my way I would get the cardio out in the day (at lunch is when I go to the gym), and weights at not. Again, it's so hot and I'm so lazy so I usually don't have my day.

Get a lot of rest, your body will need it.

Oh and do eat, your body needs the energy.

Go to fitday.com and start entering your foods so you can see what you're eating. At the suggestions of many I try for a 40 protein 30 carbs 30 fats split. I ain't ever reached that once, yet I get close.

On days you weight train don't feel bad if you take in more carbs. Carbs are your friend. On cardio days, I find you don't need carbs as much.

If you're not exercising first thing in the morning, eat some carbs. I find it helps pave the way for my day. Complex carbs that is. It makes all the world of difference.

Split your meals up into about 6 a day. I think the general cosensus is, fuel up (eat) every 2-3 of your waking hours.

Um, lets see. Sorry this is so round about, but I'm just typing as I think of things.

Matterfact, I'll add more as I think of it. Check out everyone's logs to see what their eating. Pretty soon taste doesnt' even matter as much.

Oh reward yourself. Plan a cheat once a week. You worked hard, you deserve it. As time goes on you'll be making better choices for your cheats.

Start a log. I'm not talking about just here, but one you can carry around with you. Please note how you felt at the end of the day, it will help you on subsequent days when you reach to put something in your mouth that didn't aid you or your progress previously.

If you don't understand, ask and ask again. Someone will help ya out, even if you have to pm or single someone out. Everyone here, helps.

Necia

I heard of Optimum Nutrition's I heard that's the best out right now. I'm gonna get that this weekend too.

I agree with you 100% Jenscat, that's what was turning me off for so long thinking about dieting. That's always been a turn off for me, so now I'm commiting myself to eating healthy.

My fiancee actually is a healthy eater so me doing it now is good because I'll have things to cook for him now. He's so pleased. I know this is gonna just make our relationship better than what it is now.

Hey everybody I am still here. I just haven't posted yet because I'm still getting use to everything, I'm reading a lot here and trying to put everything that I've learned into perspective and apply it to my own life.

But I'm still working out 3 or 4 days a week, I'm up to 5 meals now which is very good for me and I'm gonna buy the protein drink this weekend. I've cut down the cardio to 30-35 min and I've been doing HIIT on the thread mill and I love it!!

I got a question, I love jump roping and I hear that's a very good cardio exercise is this true? And what is the recommended time to consistently jump rope to burn a lot calories?

I will continue to come back daily and keep ya'll up on my progress. It's been less than 2 weeks now but I am feeling good as hell about my workouts, diet and progress. Thanks everybody!!

Truth0306 said:
Hey everybody I am still here. I just haven't posted yet because I'm still getting use to everything, I'm reading a lot here and trying to put everything that I've learned into perspective and apply it to my own life.

But I'm still working out 3 or 4 days a week, I'm up to 5 meals now which is very good for me and I'm gonna buy the protein drink this weekend. I've cut down the cardio to 30-35 min and I've been doing HIIT on the thread mill and I love it!!

I got a question, I love jump roping and I hear that's a very good cardio exercise is this true? And what is the recommended time to consistently jump rope to burn a lot calories?

I will continue to come back daily and keep ya'll up on my progress. It's been less than 2 weeks now but I am feeling good as hell about my workouts, diet and progress. Thanks everybody!!

Well, it's funny you mention this - my trainer just added it into my schedule this week......2x a week for 3, 3-minute intervals, in the morning before I eat.

I don't see why you couldn't add it in.....

Just wanted to say Hi :wavey:

Looks like the Gals got it all covered with tons of ideas...and many different opinions... Pick & choose, find what works for you, you can also change things up to see what fits in your lifestyle & tastebuds to make this lifestyle change enjoyable for you :)

Best of luck... :rose:

Hey guys!!!

I am still here working out hard and eating good. I use fitday like it's my bible on a daily basis and I'm really learning a lot.

I have gone in the last 7 days from a fast food, fried food and greasy food girl to eating a bunch of veggies, veggie burgers, chicken breast and fish. I am loving my new diet. I feel good and it's wonderful to be finally taking control of my health.

Yesterday I tried The Row. I loved it, it works every single muscle in my body. I could feel it in my abs and back too. I did it for 15 minutes. Anybody else a fan of this machine? Or can someone tell me the pros and cons of this machine? Because I really like it and I wanna continue using it, I can't use it in my daily workout but at least twice a week.

Hey Bunny!!! Sassy & Jenscat & Necia!!!

:wavey: Hi girl!! Glad to see you posting!!!

I personally can't think of any cons to the row machine -- I think it's great to have variety in your workout routine. Keeps it fresh, fun & enjoyable.

Top Bottom