Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

4 x 8 training program

Tomer

For the last month or so, I have been on a 4 x 8 program.

I'm lifting heavy.. well heavy for me...I usually increase by small amounts with each set.. sometimes the last set is only 7 reps because that is all I can manage.

I know 'everyone is different' but am at a loss when trying to do a new program.

I was thinking of trying the 5 x5 program, but am not a super advanced weightlifter...

Just trying to think of new programs. .. I don't want to wing it..

I've read through many of the logs on here, and the link to top threads, including the shadow thread.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as what to try next? or where to look?

Thanks for your help! :heart:

Tomer said:
For the last month or so, I have been on a 4 x 8 program.

I'm lifting heavy.. well heavy for me...I usually increase by small amounts with each set.. sometimes the last set is only 7 reps because that is all I can manage.

I know 'everyone is different' but am at a loss when trying to do a new program.

I was thinking of trying the 5 x5 program, but am not a super advanced weightlifter...

Just trying to think of new programs. .. I don't want to wing it..

I've read through many of the logs on here, and the link to top threads, including the shadow thread.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as what to try next? or where to look?

Thanks for your help! :heart:

In the beginning I always wondered what the best weight plan was.

So has the 4x8 program not worked for you? Is that why you want to change? I would suggest only mixing something up if a) it's just not working at all or b) you have plateaud.

You don't need to be a super advanced weightlifter to try the 5x5.

Nelms has got me onto a plan where I concentrate on compound moves using 5x7 (sometimes I struggle with the last set), microloading (like you have been) and working bodyparts twice per week. Once I have shed enough fat, I'll add in more isolation moves.

The Shadow plan has worked for many girls on here. I can't recall, are you competing?

^^ thats just what I've been doing... and I need revision.. so I need some advice on what different to do. :)

no I'm not competing, just training... and looking to follow a program.. and I had been given 4 x8

Tomer said:
^^ thats just what I've been doing... and I need revision.. so I need some advice on what different to do. :)

no I'm not competing, just training... and looking to follow a program.. and I had been given 4 x8

ok

mass

strength

both

pick one

well right now, my main goal is fat loss, but want to keep with a good, solid weight program.

I'm no expert, just trying to figure out what the best program for me right now would be..I try and do mainly compund exercises each exercise 4 x 8.. only isolation exercises would be bicep curls, calf raises and tricep push downs. I read your bit on TUT... so I should be doing more time underpressure for these kinds of things?

I would like to build more muscle all over, but I find its much easier (well more noticeable) to see the difference in my shoulders than anywhere else on my body.

I'm trying to build more muscle (because then it will be easier for my body to burn fat??)

Thanks Shadow, I'll try and give this a go this week.

However, if I'm just counting seconds... shouldn't it also make a difference how fast I do my reps? eg.. I could do 8 reps in 48 seconds if I did them really slowly or 14 reps in 48 seconds if I did them really fast...

thanks!

Tomer said:
Thanks Shadow, I'll try and give this a go this week.

However, if I'm just counting seconds... shouldn't it also make a difference how fast I do my reps? eg.. I could do 8 reps in 48 seconds if I did them really slowly or 14 reps in 48 seconds if I did them really fast...

thanks!
If your doing curls at an 8 sec. TUT. You can't do them any faster than 8 sec. per rep or you would be doing a 4 or 6 sec TUT (or however many SECONDS it took to do that rep). See what I'm getting at here? A second is a second is a second. You can't make them any faster or you'll reduce your TUT. Watch the clock and make sure you're not going too fast.

:worried: hmnn.. but aren't you supposed to count the second in total for the entire set? like 48 seconds for the set of curls or presses or whatever?

Top Bottom