Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10 weeks out and need a little help!

Again, it depends on how YOU respond to diet & training, and also understand I'm coming from a BB background where EVERY little piece of non absolutely clean diet is one more pound of fat that you could've stripped off by your show date but didn't. The protein bar is processed stuff. You want your body to be absolutely optimal. I prefer to opt on the side of extremely clean vs. mostly clean because I am not sure how I am goign to look on stage until about 3-5 days out. I don't have time to slack. My diet consists of exactly:
- eggwhites, chicken, fish, top round steak, ground turkey, broccoli, green beans & spinach, almonds, water. That's it. Nothin' else. The only processing in there is the frozen veggies.

As I said, its up to you, but that's why I constantly tell people that until you go through competition prep, you don't know what you will or won't eat to get there. My fav story is eating a bag of boiled chicken & flax oil while driving the 4 hrs to my first ocmpetition. Took me an hour to eat the stuff. Another is a week of nothing but orange roughy and broccoli. (I don't recommend it unless you are having problems "clearing" your intestines...) But its a competition. The 1 item you won't give up to make your diet 100% clean may be the thing that your competitor does and she comes in tighter than you.

Sassy69 said:
Again, it depends on how YOU respond to diet & training, and also understand I'm coming from a BB background where EVERY little piece of non absolutely clean diet is one more pound of fat that you could've stripped off by your show date but didn't. The protein bar is processed stuff. You want your body to be absolutely optimal. I prefer to opt on the side of extremely clean vs. mostly clean because I am not sure how I am goign to look on stage until about 3-5 days out. I don't have time to slack. My diet consists of exactly:
- eggwhites, chicken, fish, top round steak, ground turkey, broccoli, green beans & spinach, almonds, water. That's it. Nothin' else. The only processing in there is the frozen veggies.

As I said, its up to you, but that's why I constantly tell people that until you go through competition prep, you don't know what you will or won't eat to get there. My fav story is eating a bag of boiled chicken & flax oil while driving the 4 hrs to my first ocmpetition. Took me an hour to eat the stuff. Another is a week of nothing but orange roughy and broccoli. (I don't recommend it unless you are having problems "clearing" your intestines...) But its a competition. The 1 item you won't give up to make your diet 100% clean may be the thing that your competitor does and she comes in tighter than you.

You forgot your sweet potato ;) Miss Sassy pants :)

And I just want to response to your comment about that 1 item you won't give up. Personally I will give up anything that I have to, to look my best the day of my comp, and I will and have eaten things that I never thought I would ever put in my mouth, some worked for me, some don't but I was and am willing to try until I get it right. If you're really determined to give it your all, 100%, then you'll give up that item, hell it ain't forever it's just for alittle while. And the moment you step on that stage you'll be happy with your results regardless if you win or come in last because you gave it your best, and you know what works and doesn't for YOUR body.

I know for me, if I come in last, I can still walk away happy and proud of myself because I worked my ass off to get to that point, and I'll be in the best shape of my life. The moment I step on that stage, I've won, and hey if I come home with a trophy then that will be the icing on the cake, regardless I'm going to celebrate, because I did something I've always wanted to do, and I gave it my all. :)

Just my 2 cents ladies. The best of luck to everyone :)

Honestly, you are one of the reasons I am gaining my motivation back. Thank you. I have trained for this for so damn long, but over the last month I have gone through a lot of emotional crap w/ my husband that has made me lose focus. Only a few days ago did I feel my determination coming back, and I attribute it 100% to EF and all of the wonderful ladies who post. I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate EVERYTHING. Not just you, there are others-but you and Sassy seem to respond way more often than anyone else to my questions/problems. I'm giving myself a time frame w/ coffee & protein bars (one more week on the bars...gasp!). I know I HAVE to give them up if I want to put my 100% into this competition. Hope others let y'all know you are appreciated as well. :rose:

Top Bottom