Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

some peeps just don't grow??

rnch

not a mentor
EF VIP
yesterday was my first day back in the gym after an extended layoff because of a shoulder injury.

i work out at the same gym at about the same time (depending on when i fall outta bed!).

i was gratified to see that some of the regulars from before i got injured were still there, pumpin' and sweatin' away.

then i noticed......most of these peeps were still the same size as before i laid off!!!

WTF???

Most people are the same size forever and ever because they use the same shitty routine that doesn't work with the same shitty form that doesn't work with the same shitty eating habbits that don't work day after day, week after week, year after year.

Most people come to the gym on monday to max on bench with their asses a foot off the bench, and pump up their chest and bis, they come in on tues to do lat pulldowns with the entire stack, not knowing how much it is, while they swing their bodies as if having a seizure and still only manage to move the bar in a 2 inch range of motion, they then do some type of row tht looks like a pelvic gyration, then they move on to every type of bicep curl inaginable with the worst form one can dream of.....Wed is a day off from all the "intense" training....then they come in on thurs to do 1/16th of a rep milirary presses on the smith machine, swinging side raises with more weight than they have any business touching, 1/40,000th of a rep shrugs with 8 plates a side, and some partial ROM skull crushers with 100% assistance from a spotter. They spend thurs night - sun afternoon pouring alcohol down their throats, eat about 1,000 calories a day and do this for years.

Thats why the average gym member, despite being considered "built" or "buff" by the average person who doesn't workout never seems to grow or progress despite being a member of a gym for 5 plus years....lol.....I noticed this phenomenon myself.

Enough with the elitist training mentality. Although there are some who fit that description there are plenty of capable, motivated, and intelligent members at my gym and we often learn a lot from each other and help newer members out.

Furthermore, not everyone at your gym may have the same goals as you do. Maybe they dont have the resources to grow because of money, time, stress, work ect. Or maybe they like the size they are and are comfortable just staying healthy and relieving stress. Not everyone goes to the gym to look like Ronnie or bench 500.

That said, most of the problems you higlighted concern ego-driven know-it-alls who think they are hot shit. Check your ego at the door and let them be fools, they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

wpolo05 said:
Enough with the elitist training mentality. Although there are some who fit that description there are plenty of capable, motivated, and intelligent members at my gym and we often learn a lot from each other and help newer members out.

Furthermore, not everyone at your gym may have the same goals as you do. Maybe they dont have the resources to grow because of money, time, stress, work ect. Or maybe they like the size they are and are comfortable just staying healthy and relieving stress. Not everyone goes to the gym to look like Ronnie or bench 500.

That said, most of the problems you higlighted concern ego-driven know-it-alls who think they are hot shit. Check your ego at the door and let them be fools, they aren't hurting anyone but themselves.

I think you missed the point. Most of the guys at the gym are there to either get stronger or bigger or both. Once you get away from college gyms the drive to look like a male model goes away. If you aren't there to get bigger and stronger then you probably aren't lifting enough to do anything for your muscles anyway and should probably just give up. Using the same workout and same weights time after time will amount to jack shit in terms of any kind of progress. So why don't you try not to sound like an egoless undriven know it all.

Scotsman

Top Bottom