Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Workout Nausea ?

houseofpain

I'm not sure how many of the rest of you experience it, but after extremely intense workouts on my heavy days (primarily on heavy squat days), I experience 30-40 minutes of nausea after my workout is over. I don't actually blow chunks, but I have to lie down in a cool area until it subsides.

Is there any physiological explaination or solution for Post Workout Nausea?

Either, low blood sugar, GH release, dehydration, motion of food in the stomach, blood flow directed away from the digestive system etc etc. I get that between sets, it goes away after 15 min.

I try to work out on an empty stomach (no food for at least 4 hours prior) because I abide by the theory that the digestive process robs you of valuable blood flow to your muscles during your workout. So Food sloshing around isn't the problem.

As far as the rest low blood sugar, GH release, dehydration, etc... Is there any way to preempt nausea without aggravating the first cause (food sloshing around)?

I always eat a lot before I work out for energy. I make sure to wait an hour for it to digest.

I used to get sick like nauseous after workouts but I was really out of shape back then. Nowadays my workouts are well over an hour long and I've got plenty of energy to finish them, and I feel perfectly fine afterwards.

Hope you figure out what's causing it. Good luck.

This use to happen to me too, (it actually might be coming back but...) anyway, a long time ago, EVERYTIME I WAS AT THE GYM I WOULD HAVE TO LIE DOWN DURING THE WORKOUT. It sucked. I was so nauseous that if I went one more set or rep of anything I would either pass out or vomit, so I layed down. This happened for about a year. Then, and you can laugh, but I started taking creatine along with protein powder for the first time ever and it went away.

I don`t know if it was the creatine or the protein , but it WORKED I was a happy dude. I was going through my workouts with no problems. I actually TRIED to get nauseous by upping the intensity and doing things that would normally gert me dizzy and stuff but NOTHING.

Sure some of you may be shaking your heads like "creatine"??? but it worked . Maybe I was already deficient in something and the stuff gave me what I needed ,I DON`T KNOW. Anyway that`s my story fwiw

Top Bottom