Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

So I switched out my OHP and Bench day for Tate's 6 week BP cure.

Week 1 Floor Press

135x5
155x5
185x5
205x5
215x5
225x5
235x5
340x5
245x5

Very impressed with my first day of these. Aren't these supposed to lose weight on your bench because of the lack of leg drive. Even after doing so many submax sets I could still push 245x5 which is my max on the flat bench.

Did all the assistance work that I don't feel like listing.

Very happy with how these felt, this program incorporates a change of exercises, after 2 more weeks of Floor Press I will move to Pin Press(same thing as board press but with the safety pins.

well floor presses are where you stop and the bar hasnt touched your chest right? im thinking you need to so some heavy db press and go all the way down with the db's and touch your chest. Also weighted dips and really lean forward. Seems like your chest is holding you back in terms of strength

Sweet I love floor pressing man! I remember I tried it for a while. I'm assuming that 340x5 is an error right? I saw that am my eyes just about popped out of my head haha

Haha yeah I decided to get ballsy and went for 100 lbs. more than I was working with. I was suprised how light 340x5 felt.

Well with floor presses you are essentially doing partial presses.

Floor presses as far as I know are mainly for developing lockout strength in bench shirts.

I'm impressed that you could actually even partial that weight considering your typical benching weight which leads me to believe that your weak point on the bench is off the chest. You'd probably be better served doing speed benches and learning to generate power off your chest.

This is just what I'm seeing with you being able to lockout that weight.

Good job on the lifts.

Lol, I just looked at Glad's post again and he pretty much said the same thing I did in less words. Good eye.

I read from Tate that floor presses really put the weight on your delts traps and pecs more so than the bench.

You recommended a dynamic day Ghetto. I switched out my OHP day for a speed bench day, I haven't done speed days in a while so I should have alot of my bases covered. But yeah I was shocked with my numbers.

I'm impressed that you could actually even partial that weight considering your typical benching weight which leads me to believe that your weak point on the bench is off the chest. You'd probably be better served doing speed benches and learning to generate power off your chest.

yes!!! This is what I said in the thread he started but nobody listened to me lol

Top Bottom