Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mike Mentzer, or Arnold type training

Mike Mentzer Heavy Duty or Schwarzenegger?

• Mike Mentzer - Heavy Duty

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger - Killer routine

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

Toenail Juice Z

Which is the best training method?

Just wondering, what do you lot think about this, and which is the best to use assuming your on the juice.

Arnold Schwarzenegger - 25 sets per exercise (for example for chest - 25 sets bench press, 25 sets incline press, 25 sets pek deck)

OR

Mike Mentzer - Heavy Duty. (Go in gym, train as intensely as you can with few reps and sets and get out (Basically 6-10 reps and 3-4 sets/exercise.).

Last edited:
Somewhere in the middle, everyone responds differently, but who the hell has time to do Arnold's routine, and no matter how intensely I train, a few sets just doesn't feel like enough

I think if your workout last longer than 45min-1hr per body part then there's a real problem with workout intensity.

Andy

Andy13 said:
I think if your workout last longer than 45min-1hr per body part then there's a real problem with workout intensity.

Andy

How can you justify how Arnold trained.

Could it have been because of his genetics?

Definilately heavy duty! Lifting is fun, but seriously who wants to go gym twice day and spend 3-4 hours on there? Imo it is nice to do 30-60 minutes intensive workouts and i have other thing to do too.

true, time is usually a factor w/ most people. What i have found to be most effective is to switch up your training. I've worked out similarly in both ways, finding both worked pretty good. But after a couple of months i change the routine around, as well as reps and sets.

I think that drug use has a lot to do with it. Arnold was well known to use megadoses (9 d-bol in a single dose!). But Jesus Christ 75 sets for chest.

Personally I have gained 10 pounds in the last three months training naturally on a strict heavy duty routine (Now 220 @ 15%) and that's pretty good I think.

Top Bottom