Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mike Mentzer, or Arnold type training

Mike Mentzer Heavy Duty or Schwarzenegger?

• Mike Mentzer - Heavy Duty

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger - Killer routine

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Not MENTZER!!!???!!!!????

This is the funniest thing I've read on the boards in a while:

"No doubt Mentzer also did roids."

SAY IT ISN'T SO, JOE!!!!

ROTFLMAO!

-- Ercole

I'm with rugger
Secondly, rent Conan the Barbarian take a look at the monster Arnold was, then take a look in the mirror and decide if you can train like him.
Genarr3

Toenail Juice Z said:

How can you justify how Arnold trained.

Could it have been because of his genetics?

Steroids his genetics are questionable.

When he was a kid he actually trained WISELY! 3 days per week.... That laid his foundation for muscle size...

When you HAVE his muscularity, then yoiu can safely do his killer routines...!!!

Cornellius said:
Well I usually go with Heavy Duty when off gear....When on I use Dorian´s aproach, wich is like a heavy duty aproach for the steroid user.

Thats the same way I have been training as well. I enjoy training a whole lot more when I am not in the gym 6 days a week for an hour and a half per day.

Toenail Juice Z said:
Mike Mentzer, or Arnold type training?

Which is the best training method?

The answer is easy for me. I am not Arnold, nor am I Mentzer. Silent Method type training is best for me...

Obvioulsy both used alot of juice and had great gentics, and this contribited more than anything else to their gains. I prefer niether style, both had strengths and weaknesses. Menzer was probably correct in that intensity without huge amounts of volume is very effective for stimuating growth and allowing for very rapid recovery, however anywho who looks at research done on muscle growth would believe that it takes an entire week for a muscle to recover and grow. The growth process rarely lasts more than 48 hours after a workout, and by the end of the week, you have actually lost a little size due to detraining. Sorry if that strikes a nerve, but it is what modern science (and Menzer did advocate ALWAYS taking a logical and scientific approach to training) has now shown. Arnold was grossly overtraining with 25 sets for a muscle group, but I think tons of d-bol and his genetics allowed for him to recover from this. His belief in training a body part 3 times a week is dead on, if one could find a way to recover from the insane volume he advocated. Looking at his arms, clearly he found a way.

Top Bottom