Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

JKurz's Log "Mirrors are all hidden"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he doesn't want advice, he just wants validation that it's ok to keep doing what he's doing.

The trainer is basically just re-enforcing his exercise addiction by having him train 5 days a week, twice a day.. any radical change would mean letting go of the safety blanket and risking putting on a lb or 2 of fat, and that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

easier to worry about how many almonds to eat or when to have his cheese than trying to deal with the bigger picture

JK....seriously reconsider posting updates, man.....again, most people, myself included feel you could go about this in a much less complicated way, but regardless, the trainer's way HAS to be better than what you were doing.

Tweakle said:
he doesn't want advice, he just wants validation that it's ok to keep doing what he's doing.

The trainer is basically just re-enforcing his exercise addiction by having him train 5 days a week, twice a day.. any radical change would mean letting go of the safety blanket and risking putting on a lb or 2 of fat, and that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

easier to worry about how many almonds to eat or when to have his cheese than trying to deal with the bigger picture
Agreed completely. I've been trying to help so nobody can accuse me of only responding to his posts with unproductive flaming, but it's becoming apparent that this "big change" is no different from the rest.

JK, at this point the best advice I or anyone else can give you is to get some professional help. Without that, the best training advice in the world isn't going to make any difference.

CS said:
People have been quite willing to help because it seemed like you were genuinely trying to change what you've been doing.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. That applies to Jkurz, and to those who have attempted to help. Sorry, but there it is. LoL

Tweakle said:

This is probably one of the best posts i've read in a long time. It applies to so many people in so many ways. Though perharps JKurz1 is the best example.

36drew said:
This is probably one of the best posts i've read in a long time. It applies to so many people in so many ways. Though perharps JKurz1 is the best example.
Thursday July 20th

Well, I managed to take a complete day off (first in a few years) doing absolutely nothing. I had my carb meals in the first 3, reduced as the day progressed and final 2 were all protein/fats and fiberous carbs. Couldn't finish my in bed shake and cottage cheese, but got most of it down. I think I need to reduce that meal, or remove some of the calories as it's too much volume. What I am currently doing is: 1 large cup dry curd with sf jello, 1 scoop casein in about 3/4 cup of egg whites and skim, maybe too much splenda! Dry curd is mixed with either 2tb of pb or almond butter and or a handfull of walnuts or almonds (about 1/4 cup)

What are some in bed meals that you use?

Cranked out an intense tri session this morning for a gruling 45minutes followed with a deep glute ham stretch on the treadmill at a 12% incline and 2.5-3.0 speed for 15 minutes....trainer is against this, but I enjoy it as a cool down, plus it makes my appetite ramp....weighed in at 161 on Monday and 163 this morning.....I will avg. the two to 162 and not weight myself again until SUNDAY.

1ist meal was:

3/4 cup oats in a shake of:
1/4 skim, 1/2 cup egg beaters, 1 scoop whey, creatine and glutamine
15-20 (or a cup) of blueberries all blended......
added an additional 1/4 cup and ate them dry.........next meal in 20 minutes (945) of 1 full large cup of oats, 1/2 dozen egg whites, skim, 1 scoop casein (need to switch casein, makes oats too runny, tons of splenda.....green tea)

Tonight is Heavy back for 40 minutes
lat pull x 4
seat row x2
tbar row x 3
dbell rows x 3
all 6-8 reps.........hypers and abs. Good layout?

JKurz1 said:
What are some in bed meals that you use?

Tonight is Heavy back for 40 minutes
lat pull x 4
seat row x2
tbar row x 3
dbell rows x 3
all 6-8 reps.........hypers and abs. Good layout?
good to see you back on track.

i'm not sure what you mean by "in bed meals". here's what i do. because of the job i can't get in enough cals without waking up in the middle of the night and eating something. plus, for me, if i don't eat, i'll wake up hungry and needing to get something in my stomach anyway, else the stomach acids will take over. i usually have a little less than half a gallon of milk with oats and cornflakes. probably not ideal for a lot of folks though - but i'm happy so that's all that matters. you'll probably get used to putting down alot of cals at once.

for the back routine, honestly, i do alot less volume then that. however, since your now with a trainer, i'd rather do the tbar rows first followed by DB rows.

silver_shadow said:
good to see you back on track.

i'm not sure what you mean by "in bed meals". here's what i do. because of the job i can't get in enough cals without waking up in the middle of the night and eating something. plus, for me, if i don't eat, i'll wake up hungry and needing to get something in my stomach anyway, else the stomach acids will take over. i usually have a little less than half a gallon of milk with oats and cornflakes. probably not ideal for a lot of folks though - but i'm happy so that's all that matters. you'll probably get used to putting down alot of cals at once.

for the back routine, honestly, i do alot less volume then that. however, since your now with a trainer, i'd rather do the tbar rows first followed by DB rows.
well, he just sent me an email. Not to happy with my diet yesterday as I missed a meal of pro/carbs (only about 300g of carbs total) but it was a rest day.....got to get on track today. Told him two meals down today, each having 55g of carbs and 40g protein, minimimal fat. He wants me to add in another shake sometime duiring the day no matter when of (1 cup oats, 2tb pb, 2 scoops casein, and milk) why do I have this feeling it will be 2 then three then four of these? I'm right around the 450 carb mark and 300g protein, 80-90 fat....TON OF CALS FOR ME!! ALMOST double what I wa used to....this seem extreme?

He sent me my routine for tonight and I guess I was a tad off the mark. His said exactly the same thing...TOO MUCH VOOLUMEEE!!

HERE IT IS:

BARBELL ROW 3 X6
WIDE PULL DOWN 3X8-12
DB ROWS 4 X 6
VGRIP 4 X 8-12

silver_shadow said:
i'd imagine with am & pm workouts your going to need those cals.
Well, I asked his theory and he said he was actually against it. He knows my test is low and is expecting me to sub in 200mg of test starting next week at an HRT dose. He calims this will help me feel better, allow me to eat more and use more calories (protein synthesis), you familiar with his?

His training mentality is to get my ass off the treadmill in the morning and allow me to do something...that's why it's a small bodypart, and saves the big ones for pm......he also expressed that i he doesnt havent my habit kicked and back to a normal 4 day a week routine within 2 weeks, then he has failed. He claims by the growth I wll see from the xcess cals will encourage me to listen and rest more, working out once a day......Im just amaze how many cals I need to take it post pm training...it's honeslty like 2,000 cals in 2.5 hours, but he says I am so friggn weak and frail right now, that it will feel like I am in heaven and my body will respond nicely, it's been starving for two long. What about the abs, I asked. They are already faded...."shut up, stay off the scale, stay away from the mirrors and you will not go over 10% if you listen to me"....enoguhg said....I feel like Danielson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom