Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If you have small forearms can that prevent you from building big biceps/triceps?

first of all LOL at your kenny powers quote SL, that show is fucking hilarious!!! But back on topic, I too am in the same boat. Basically don't use straps. I have found that forearms are more of a pain tolerance thing to get them to grow. Most guys i know with big forearms never use straps and no matter how hard their arms hurt don't stop training. The guy i am training with now has massive forearms, probably 16+ inches and never uses straps and just works thru the pain. Almost every back workout at the end i am in pain about to cry and cant even bend my arms or move my hands at all my forearms hurt so bad.

this is very true.. I started using hooks since last fall, made some great size increases on my back... but my forearms lagged significantly..

the upside???? it fixed my golf game, and that's what i do as well..

I have small forearms and the rest of my body is growing fine but are my forearms holding my bicep/tricep growth back? I barbell curl around 50kg for 3 reps which I think is fine but I should have bigger arms for my weight.

Could your forearms be inhibiting continued bi and tri growth? To answer directly, I don't see how.

Obviously your flexors are a big determinant of your gripping ability, right? And gripping strength is critical on pulling movements like deads and pulldowns, but not so much on the types of movements used to isolate the upper arm muscles. Small forearms, and by inference a weak grip, could indeed hurt your back development, though.

I'd guess your upper arm measurement isn't what you'd like it to be for the same reason your forearms are small, short muscle bellies.

Knowing what poundage you can curl for 3 makes me wonder if you are working in too low a rep zone. That's great for maximizing strength gains, but not optimal for hypertrophy.

Last edited:
your forarms are not going to efect your bis n tris and if they are then your back is really whats going to need some work imo...pull ups, deads, rows...i always hit forarms at the end of a back work out

Top Bottom