Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I benched 135 for reps today, 1st time since my surgery

plifter

Banned
I banged out 2 sets of 8 with 135 after 5 or 6 warm up sets. My shoulder still hurts. The surgeon took off the end of my clavicle as well as removed 2 bone spurs. That was 6 weeks ago. My physical therapist doesn't want me doing any free weights but I just said fuck it, I can't deal with being out of the gym this long. I'm icing it down now.

Before the surgery I was doing reps with 250-275. I'll be back to normal eventually. Once I get back to normal strength I've got some gear stashed away for a decent cycle.

plifter said:
I banged out 2 sets of 8 with 135 after 5 or 6 warm up sets. My shoulder still hurts. The surgeon took off the end of my clavicle as well as removed 2 bone spurs. That was 6 weeks ago. My physical therapist doesn't want me doing any free weights but I just said fuck it, I can't deal with being out of the gym this long. I'm icing it down now.

Before the surgery I was doing reps with 250-275. I'll be back to normal eventually. Once I get back to normal strength I've got some gear stashed away for a decent cycle.

When were you suppose to be able to do free weights again? Probably not a good sign that your shoulder hurt during those sets. Why not give it some time until you are able to bench without pain?

^^^Agreed. Eventually you'll have to strengthen it of course, but if you're deviating from your rehab plan and getting pain it's probably a bit early. You might try focusing on lifts other than presses that won't put such direct pressure on your shoulder. If your PT is one of those "free weights are evil, use the Smith" assclowns, get a new PT. ;)

My therapist wants me doing 20 pounds on the nautilus bench press. Maybe I shouldn't rush back into it. It's aching today. At least I'm cleared to work legs.

Very sweet.

I understand the NEED. My doc suggested that I do nothing for a long time, but he also said that he understood that (as an athlete) this just wasn't possible for me...so he treats me as a normal patient AND an athlete right now.

Top Bottom