Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Heavy Excersises 1st or Last?

bigpoppadrew

What does everyone do?
Do you do your heaviest sets, ie. squats, bench, deadlift etc.. First in your excersise or last? I personally do it last as I like to get my muscles fatigued and have a good pump before I blast them with my heavy shit.

Always the compound exercises first and heavy. I find these give me the maximum muscle gains. Would I leave them to last I would never be able to go as heavy because my muscle would be near exhausted thus losing out on max muscle gains.

I do all the easy exercises to exhaustion first, then cardio for an hour followed up with sprinting on an excersise bike wearing a snowsuit in the sanua. THEN... and only then I do my heavy compound exercises. :)

Seriously…I do my heavy compounds first with at least 2 warm up sets before I start to load on the weight.

Yup. Do the heavy stuff first when you're the freshest. I don't think you'll get the most out of the heavy compound movements if you're already fatigued.

Heavy first, but partly this is because I measure myself
more by how much I can lift on the heavies, and I like to see
big numbers. This is probably a bad reason.
I do think it's probably best for mass gain, though.

Well I guess the majority does compund excersises first. I used to do it that way but just recently switched and I noticed that my weights were going down on compund excersises but I was getting my other weights up and my pumps were crazy! maybe I will switch back next week, anyone else do heavy stuff last?

Light warmup then heavy sets first, remember THE PUMP only means there is blood in the muscle, that does NOT build muscle. high intensity does and your more capaple of HI early in the workout.

First I do some moderately heavy sets of isolation exercises for warm up to get the blood flowing
Then when I heat up
I go all out Heavy on compounds
Usually Deadlifts,BB Rows, then some Incline Bench

Top Bottom