Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you usefractional plates?

gymrat surfer

If so..

I got my ATP set in!

I am doing madcows 5X5 and just rounding my weight increments from 12.5% and adding 5lbs to my lifts each week.

I was wondering if I should start using my fractional weights now or weight till I stall and then deload and then start using them.

What are your thoughts and why? Thanks!

If so..

I got my ATP set in!

I am doing madcows 5X5 and just rounding my weight increments from 12.5% and adding 5lbs to my lifts each week.

I was wondering if I should start using my fractional weights now or weight till I stall and then deload and then start using them.

What are your thoughts and why? Thanks!

If it were me, I'd run at 5 lb increases until I stalled. Then I'd move to the fractional plates and keep at that until I stalled. Then deload and reset my weights.

My logic is just if like to take linear progression as fat as possible. If I'm capable of 5 lb increases, why not? Once I've run out of room I'd want to still try for some progression before resetting. Enter the fractional plates.

You running intermediate or advanced mad cows?

I am running intermediate Mad Cows. I think I like your idea. Where when I am really struggling for that 5 reps, then i'll switch to 2.5lb increases, then 1lb increases, maybe even half a pound a week? haha. I feel cool with my fractional plates for sure, I won't lie. I almost slept with them.

I am running intermediate Mad Cows. I think I like your idea. Where when I am really struggling for that 5 reps, then i'll switch to 2.5lb increases, then 1lb increases, maybe even half a pound a week? haha. I feel cool with my fractional plates for sure, I won't lie. I almost slept with them.

One other thing I've found is that if I'm stalling out for a couple workouts in a row, it's time for some kind of deload. I usually just drop the Wednesday workout and hit the Monday/Friday workouts with reduced weights for a week. Come back the next week, reset the weights a bit, and get cranking again. Got me trough a few roadblocks before I moved to the advanced program.

The short answer is that it doesn't really matter. You just want to take linear progress as far as you can. A lot of it has to do with your mental disposition.

Basically, like I think I said in one of your other threads, start off with 5-10 on lower body stuff and 5 on upper body. Keep doing this as long as you can till you start missing your 5 reps frequently. Then move it down a notch. Overhead press will probably be the first thing that you'll have trouble maintaining 5 lbs increases on.

Top Bottom