Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Rep range for Squats/Deadlifts ?

S

SSAlexSS

What is the best range for squats and deadlifts?

I keep reading that 20 is the best. But I can't do 20! In order for me to do that much I need to use only 50% of the weight or so.

When I squat/deadlift I do about 6 reps using
about 90-95% of my 1 rep weight.
And I go to failure, especially on SQUAT.

Basicly it looks like my quads/lower back is primary FAST-TWITCH.

So should I stick with heavy weight low rep routine or is it better to lower my weight and do more reps?

Reply please!
Thanx!

I think the minds behind the Hardgainer Online web site advocate that 20-rep squat and deadlift routine. I'm not sure of the philosophy behind the high reps, but they swear by it.

Originally posted by Ragamuffin:
I think the minds behind the Hardgainer Online web site advocate that 20-rep squat and deadlift routine. I'm not sure of the philosophy behind the high reps, but they swear by it.

I been there. But it is for HARDGAINERS and hardgainers are usually ECTOMORPHS, who have
endurance type muscles INSTEAD OF POWER fibers like other body types do. So for them, endurance is the key.

Anyways what are your thoughts on the subject?

i tryed that 20 rep stuff and i didnt like it, now I have been doing the first 3 sets with 8-10 reps then my last 3-4 sets I do 6-7 reps and every week I am adding weight to the bar. good luck bro, hope this helps some.

This is for size I am assuming...

I like to do squats in the 8-12 rep range.
and deadlifts never more than 10 reps, 6 usually.

Originally posted by Valdez:
This is for size I am assuming...

I like to do squats in the 8-12 rep range.
and deadlifts never more than 10 reps, 6 usually.

same here.

high rep crap just makes me take forever to heal. id rather get a good heavy set of 6-8 and be sore for 3 days versus 7 days. i can train 2x then. hehe.

ive done some high rep work though. its a good shocker occasionally but for hypertrophy whats the point? im not in it for endurance. thats what cardio is for hehe.

Top Bottom