Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I over training?

ok, for the OP worried about OVERTRAINING... why in all hell are you guys giving him routines with less rest days than he originally had?...
if you want to avoid overtraining, use a proven routine like the 5x5... i may be wrong, but it sounds like you are newer to lifting, and 5x5 is a great routine... see the sticky at the top of this forum...
i dont use that, but i do somthing that often looks like...
mon
heavy bench
millitary press
dumbell pullover
maybe some dips...

wed
deadlifts
light back
maybe some curls if im feeling it

fri
light bench
clean and jerks
heavy legs

unless you are on anabolics, i prefer more rest days than work days... hell, even on the juice i dont think more than 4 INTENSE workouts are necessary...
keep it simple... pick up heavy shit; repeat...

I went on a low carb diet and lost 45lbs. After loosing the weight i noticed i wasn't as muscular as i thought. So I started hitting the gym 5 days a week and resting on the weekends. My workout looks like this...
Mon: chest and back
tues: shoulders, bi's and tri's
wed: legs and abbs
thurs: chest and back
fri: shoulders, bi's and tri's
sat: rest
sun: rest

Im seeing results but not as fast as i thought i would be

first off, i just want to say that i'm dying at seeing power clings. i was about to google them and see what they were.

anyway, if you're squatting and deadlifting, then i don't think this routine is very good because you'd be doing them with minimal rest. Whether you're overtraining depends on numerous variables, such as whether or not you're sleeping enough and eating enough, so in order for any of us to tell you with more certainty that you're overtraining, let us know your diet and sleep habits. also, whether or not this might work depends on the exercises you do each workout. If you hit your chest with 8 exercises per workout, you're most likely doing too much.

if i were you, i would do a simple upper/lower split... something like this

Monday- Upper 1
- BB Bench
- Chinups
- Incline DB Bench
- Cable Rows
- Biceps

Tuesday- Lower 1
- Squat
- Romanian Deadlift
- Bulgarian Split Squat/Leg Press
- Calves
- Abs

Thursday- Upper 2
- Military Press
- Pullups
- Dips
- BB Row
- Triceps

Friday- Lower 2
- Deadlift
- Front Squat
- Pullthroughs
- Calves
- Abs

I have been looking into the 5X5 routine. I'm going to be starting a 10week cycle of test in roughly a month. Would the 5x5 be a good way to prep for the cycle? Also i wamt to get my BF down to aprox 10% before i start the cycle. Any tips on how to loose BF quickly without fat burners? I've cut out all carbs from my diet after 5:00pm

Dont base your workout around the days of the week base it on 72 hrs of rest between the muscle you last trained I do:

Day 1: chest/back/abs
Day 2: bis/tris/shoulders
Day 3: legs
Day 4: hour of cardio

AND REPEAT!

Last edited:
The cardinal rule is to give every muscle part at least 72hrs rest before training it again. Try this routine.

Mon: Chest
Tues: Arms
Wed: off
Thurs: Back
Fri: shoulders
Sat: legs
Sun: off

Do cardio in the am seperate from your workout if you can... However, you do cardio?

Top Bottom