Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

315X9 on squat 1000X5 on Legpress

blackgsx01

One Hell of a leg workout tonight, all PR's tonight. 315 for 9 reps with a bandaid belt (below 90 deep) and 1000lbs on the leg press (with knee wraps only) for 5 good reps. I feel great right now :garza: Not bad for 180lbs.

blackgsx01 said:
One Hell of a leg workout tonight, all PR's tonight. 315 for 9 reps with a bandaid belt (below 90 deep) and 1000lbs on the leg press (with knee wraps only) for 5 good reps. I feel great right now :garza: Not bad for 180lbs.

Good work. Squat and dead... king and queen of lifts IMHO

Yep. Although it is nice to load up the leg press and pump out reps with weight others are astounded at. eheheh. Good work bro.

Big_BK said:
Yep. Although it is nice to load up the leg press and pump out reps with weight others are astounded at. eheheh. Good work bro.

Yeah... leg press can be impressive when you hang more than 10 plates on a side. That's about the point where I look over to see who's on the machine. At my gym, the side posts are full at 10 plate and you have to start stacking them on top.

I think we can get around 16-18 per side if we use 45's but if we use 100lb plates as well maybe only 1600lbs. THEN we have the guys who put on say 6-800 lbs and come down so shallow they dont even need to unrack it!

Big_BK said:
I think we can get around 16-18 per side if we use 45's but if we use 100lb plates as well maybe only 1600lbs. THEN we have the guys who put on say 6-800 lbs and come down so shallow they dont even need to unrack it!

I'd love a leg press like that. Our maxes out at 1270 if one assumes 100 pounds for the plate/ slide deck. I have worked out in a powerhouse in NJ that I like that hase a 2000 pound leg press. I did 1500 for 8 reps with knees coming to chest.

I know what you mean about people barely moving the weight. This is their chance to really hit the glutes and quads hard by coming deep with wieght their back could never hold and they wimp out for the sake of their ego. Bah... why bother? that's for newbies. I have to admit it took me a while to learn right form when I switched to a more PL style workout but I did make it a point of watching and talking to the PLers at the gym.

our leg press will only get about 1400lbs max 7 100lb plates on each side. Next time I wanted to record it just for the hell of it.

blackgsx01 said:

Nice brother!! I just added leg press into my rotation for the first time in a while. I can crank some decent weight, but it kills my knees. This time I am gonna use neoprenes or lite wraps.

Top Bottom