Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

2 things about my back day

halfaclue

Banned
First...an update..2 months ago I added dead lifts to my back day for the 5*5 at 225...yesterday I did 5*5 at 305...since I have started I have gone up every week and have yet to complete all 25 reps.

Second..besides Deads and pullups I am not feeling the soreness in my back. Here is my routine:

Deads 135 *10 225 * 5 305 5*5
Wide Grip pullups palm away 3 sets to failure (between 8-12 reps)
Hammer strength row..palms facing up 145 on each side 10-8-6
Seated cable row (stack 250) 2 sets 12-10
Icarian Pull over machine 230 2 sets 10-8

Please critque as I need help with my back and the deads are definitely helping but i want MORE!!!

Please critque as I need help with my back and the deads are definitely helping but i want MORE!!!

keep adding weight to the bar then...

the hammer & cable rows are working the same plane, if you have to do 2 rowing ex. then do one free weight & the other machine imo

I think its good that youre adding weight to the bar each week..but you should try to complete all the reps..is there a reason why youre not? also there is nothing wrong with doing 5x3 or some other variation as long as you are using max weight..other wise your just spinning your wheels...

wnt2bbeast.....I didn't proof read my quote. I meant to say that I HAVE completed all 5 sets of 5 every week so I keep adding weight.

Tweakle ...I didn't realize I was duplicating efforts there so I'll get rid of the cable row since I am maxed out on the weight.

BIGDHO Do you know where I can find a picture of this...I know we do not have a "T' bar but I think I have seen guys rig one of the bench bars with the close grip handle from the seated cable row....is that the same thing? If you can find me a picture for a what good form looks like I would appreciate it.

cwick0 barbell rows: close and wide grip.....Are these bent over rows? If so I tend to cheat bad on these and that is why I don't do them. Do you have your hands facing your thighs or the cieling?

Thanks Guys.

Bent over barbell rows.

when i go wide grip, my feet are close together and my palms are facing me.
Go lighter and you shouldnt have a problem with the form, if you go too heavy your form will become pretty bad. I cant go more than 225 without my form getting really BAD.
close grip: palms away, kinda facing wall in front of you, you can go heavy without your form getting too shitty, 225 is manageble with good form, 275 starts to get shitty.

just use the bar to get the motion down, then start piling on the weight.

halfaclue said:
wnt2bbeast.....I didn't proof read my quote. I meant to say that I HAVE completed all 5 sets of 5 every week so I keep adding weight.

Tweakle ...I didn't realize I was duplicating efforts there so I'll get rid of the cable row since I am maxed out on the weight.

BIGDHO Do you know where I can find a picture of this...I know we do not have a "T' bar but I think I have seen guys rig one of the bench bars with the close grip handle from the seated cable row....is that the same thing? If you can find me a picture for a what good form looks like I would appreciate it.

cwick0 barbell rows: close and wide grip.....Are these bent over rows? If so I tend to cheat bad on these and that is why I don't do them. Do you have your hands facing your thighs or the cieling?

Thanks Guys.

no problem..for t-bar row just set up in the corner with an oly bar and add some plates..use with the close grip handle..similar form to bb rows just bend over knees slightly bent and start pullin!!! if the bar starts to come ajar from the corner just have some put their foot on it..also check with your gym if its cool..i kinda got some dirty looks and people ask me why dont you use the padded t-bar machine lol..cuz ronnie dont use it ;)

So here is my new routine:
DL 2 w/u sets 5 working
Pull -ups 3 sets
Close Grip bent over row 3 sets
Wide grip bent over row 3 sets
T bar row 3 sets

What do you guyes think?

Top Bottom