Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Women's Fitness Forum Check In

caligirl85

Ok Ladies (and gents) :)

Our forum has really struggled to have regular participation and maintaining active members. I've noticed lately there have been some new posters and I wanted to start a thread for everyone to check in and say hi and introduce themselves. Tell us where you're at, what your biggest fitness accomplishment is, what your biggest challenge is or anything like that.

So for me...I'm in Alberta, Canada and was 41 in June, which believe me, feels weird even saying. My biggest accomplishment has been losing 100+ lbs and re-defining my life. I gained a TON of weight in my early 30's and hit rock bottom in 2006 and was determined to change my life. So for all of you struggling out there, I have been there. I'm there currently! I know the difficulties in trying to change an entire lifestyle. And I know how easy it is to fall back into old habits.

My biggest challenge, right now, is consistency. I get stuck in that all or nothing thinking and give it my all for a few days and then nothing! Black and white. I'm working on it. One day at a time!

So jump in...I encourage everyone to participate! Let's see if we can breathe some life into this forum again and start sharing ideas, experiences and supporting each other. :)

Great idea caligirl!! I had no idea you had lost that much weight amazing job girl!!

For me I'm in South Texas. And turned 24 in April and have actively lifted weights since I was 12. My biggest struggle is the weight loss portion. My junior year of high school I stepped on the scale weighing in at 200lbs, even through sports and everything I still managed to get up to that weight. I then told myself I would never weigh that much again in my life. I started eating nothing but vegetables, running, rollerblading, bingeing and making myself throw up. Which led me down a horrible spiral out of control. I managed to get myself to 139lbs of skin and bones. My body is not made to be that thin and to the point where I should have been admitted. My mom finally got so worried she confronted me and told me to eat. Since then I have adopted a healthy eating lifestyle and hardcore lifting into my life. I now average a very healthy 180lbs, which on my frame looks around 145. My biggest accomplishment would have to be doing my very first dead hang pullup at 185lbs.

I look forward to reading everyones story! Much love ladies! Happy lifting!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EliteFitness

Thanks for posting up Brittney!! So cool to learn a little more about you! And..awesome on the dead hang pullup. I really want to work towards doing one of those! or two or three...lol It's great to know your body well enough and know what weight you're good at. For me, it's about 160 and looks less then that. It just shows that the scale isn't everything. :)

Ok all the rest of you out there....feel free to jump in! :)

Hey everyone,
I'm 21. I started lifting weights when I turned 15 (my dad introduced me) a year and a half after starting (I was 16) I found out I was pregnant with my son :) I ended up having him when I was 17 years old and continued lifting after having him. I'm 5 feet tall lol and now weight around 130 pounds. My biggest accomplishment is having my son young and still being dedicated to a healthy and fit lifestyle. Another accomplishment would have to be to have been able to gain the muscle I have because it is so hard for my body to gain muscle!! I'm a skinny fat ectomorphic lol that is all :)

Thanks for posting fitmommy!! I totally agree.. Having your son so young and staying committed is huge! Good job! I had mine at 23 and it was tough. I'm happy to have you here :)

I agree caligirl scales are mean!

That is a huge accomplishment fitmommy! Keep staying strong!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EliteFitness

Hi ladies,

I'm Tracy. Im 33 and I live in Baltimore, MD with my boyfriend and my two kids.

I have been working out since I was 18 when I was old enough to join a gym. My doctor suggested working out to alleviate back pain which helped a lot. He told me to higher a trainer to get me started. It was then I realized it was too expensive so I became one. Lol

My biggest challenge is dealing with complications of a heart condition. Most days I'm extremely exhausted and I just don't go to the gym and head straight to the couch for a nap. However, when I do get there I am rejuvenated and feel awesome after my workout. The saying is true "know that showing up is half the battle". If I can keep that in mind when I'm exhausted from work (I'm a hair dresser) working out will help me feel better. Im just looking to stay motivated from this site. Keep the positivity coming ladies!

Sent from my SCH-R530C using EliteFitness

This is really fun! I used to post on here a few years back (i think i have a log of some type floating around), but a lot has changed since then! I am older, wiser (getting there ;)) and doing another competition in October...WPD. My name is Mattie, im 32 and live in SW Washington. Been into fitness since '07, did my first comp in '10, did quite a few things wrong, learned a ton. Since then have become a personal trainer and work at an awesome gym and love my job! Recently divorced and have poured my energies into this show...nice to have a positive focus :) WOOP WOOP!!! been lurking around on here again reading up on supps :) but i saw this thread and thought, shit, why not say hey?!!

Hi ladies,

I'm Tracy. Im 33 and I live in Baltimore, MD with my boyfriend and my two kids.

I have been working out since I was 18 when I was old enough to join a gym. My doctor suggested working out to alleviate back pain which helped a lot. He told me to higher a trainer to get me started. It was then I realized it was too expensive so I became one. Lol

My biggest challenge is dealing with complications of a heart condition. Most days I'm extremely exhausted and I just don't go to the gym and head straight to the couch for a nap. However, when I do get there I am rejuvenated and feel awesome after my workout. The saying is true "know that showing up is half the battle". If I can keep that in mind when I'm exhausted from work (I'm a hair dresser) working out will help me feel better. Im just looking to stay motivated from this site. Keep the positivity coming ladies!

Sent from my SCH-R530C using EliteFitness

Welcome aboard! I'm so glad you posted. I can totally relate to "showing up is half the battle". It really does become a choice when you are juggling kids, work, relationship etc.

Top Bottom