Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will I survive or will I die???

L

Little Girl

I just received my squat lifting chart (for my powerlifting comp) from my coach. I just don't know if I'll even be able to walk after that!!
Here's for this week:
10X 135
8 X 155
6 X 165
4 X 175
8 X 180
PLUS my usual squat and legs training!!!
And it keeps going heavier each week!!!
Here's what I should do in 10 weeks:
10 X 135
8 X 155
6 X 175
4 X 195
1 X 215
1 X 235
1 X 250
1 X 265
1 X 275
PLUS my usual squat and legs training!!!
My husband says that it will be easy for me but I think that I'm gonna die!!!!!

For those who don't know me, I'm 5'tall and 120lbs. I'll do a powerlifting comp next fall and probably a bb show in the next year.
LG

Powerlifting and bodybuilding as you probably know are very different. The training is very different. I think your routine is a little high in volume for powerlifting. But if you got the endurance you will do fine. I never go over 5 reps in squatting. then as a meet comes close i drop to 3's with my suit bottoms on. then singles with staps up. After i warmup i do 3 maybe 4 sets. were 5 is all i can get. So intensity is high, sets have a few minutes between them. And i currently squat between 725 and 750, at 230lbs. No the best but in my first 3 lift in 99 i did 500 max. so my style works good for me, and all my partners. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! The comp is only in november. Like it's gonna be my first comp, I need to work on my technique. My coach have been coaching many of the best powerlifters in Canada (they all got records), so I really think I will do everything he's asking me to do! I know I have the strenght to be at least two records but I have to work on the technique. Thanks for the support, it helps!
LG

I thought I was THE SQUATGIRL but I should give you my name!! What is your goal for this comp? What is the max you could lift:) :eek: :confused:

I think you're gonna be working to much on burning fat with that routine. I also think you need to do more sets of less reps from the beggining. Good Luck in the comp.!!!

Alot of people, including myself, find it useful to start a cycle with higher reps. Its a pain in the ass......but it helps in the end. You think you can burn fat with 10 reps?? When you do cardio, you dont start burning fat for 20 minutes becuase you have to burn the carbs already circulating in your body. I dont think 10 reps is a problem.....especially if you eat prior to the workout.

I'm not attending to burn fat with this training! I'm preparing myself for a POWERLIFTING COMP. I'm 11%bf at 119lbs!

My squat is coming pretty good! Till the end of the month, I should do a 275lbs squat. My goal for the comp is over than 314. (to brake the Canadian record)The comp is only in november so I've enough time to prepare myself. I know I can do it. Last week, I squated easily 240 for 4. (I'm at 119 lbs now). I should do 250 for 4 this afternoon . My deadlift is not too bad, I did easily 225 for 6 yesterday.
Short, little but strong!
LG
PS: If I don't do high reps for now it's because in poerlifting comp, you have to do your best lift in only in rep

Hey little gir.....you're pretty damn strong for only 119, I guess you live up to your name "Littlegirl".....anyways, I was thinking about other things you could do, I think you should also do some legextensions and leg curls to help strenthen your legs even more (although you might already be doing them). Also, when you perform the lifts, try to go very slow....well....not VERY slow, but pretty slow. That way you get every muscle fiber in your legs straining to help control the weight and do the lift. Trust me, I read it in an article in a mag. a couple of weeks ago and I've been using this technique on my bench, it's gone up from 405 to 425 in about 3 weeks. One more thing, I don't know if you do this but you should work your abs alot to, those are your stabalizer muscles and they help you in quats tremendously. Good Luck in you comp.!!!

Hey Bigmag,
What bodyweight are you at?....that could be a pretty respectible bench. Do you mind if i ask where you read about going slow? I've trained like that in the past and got no where. Now I concentrate on controlling the weight on the way down.......so I dont lose my groove. Then exploding the weight back up. This is wirking very well for me......my bench has gone from 298 (lol) to 374 (bodyweight of 209 now.....started at 204) in 7 months using this method. That said I'm always looking for new techniques.

bigmag said:
Hey little gir.....you're pretty damn strong for only 119, I guess you live up to your name "Littlegirl".....anyways, I was thinking about other things you could do, I think you should also do some legextensions and leg curls to help strenthen your legs even more (although you might already be doing them). Also, when you perform the lifts, try to go very slow....well....not VERY slow, but pretty slow. That way you get every muscle fiber in your legs straining to help control the weight and do the lift. Trust me, I read it in an article in a mag. a couple of weeks ago and I've been using this technique on my bench, it's gone up from 405 to 425 in about 3 weeks. One more thing, I don't know if you do this but you should work your abs alot to, those are your stabalizer muscles and they help you in quats tremendously. Good Luck in you comp.!!!

Bigmag,
you're right about going slow. I do that often and it burns!! My squat training is not done the same day as my leg training where I squat once again and I do leg extention and leg curls. Don't worry about that! Last week I did my 250lbs squat for 2 reps and I fully broke the 90 degrees angle. Next Saturday my goal is 260 for 2! Wish my strenght and power! (Remember, I don't believe in luck, there's no luck in a squat!!)

Thanks for the tips!

Little Girl

Top Bottom