Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Will I survive or will I die???

You're absolutely right little girl....there's no luck in squats, it's all you baby!!! It takes hard work and dedication.....
Imnotdutch.....I read that in an article in flex a couple months ago. when you conrtol the weight on the way down.....like you said you're doing.....that's going slow. Bench press requires an explosion from the chest up so that's good what you're doing. right now I weigh in at about 230. That technique might not be the best for you, everyone's body is different. But I'd suggest that you definatly do it when warming up and hold the weight at your chest for about one and a half seconds....that way you get a good stretch in you chest.

Thanks Bigmag.....I'll give it a shot in a couple of months (I'm in the middle of something now).

bigmag said:
You're absolutely right little girl....there's no luck in squats, it's all you baby!!! It takes hard work and dedication.....
Imnotdutch.....I read that in an article in flex a couple months ago. when you conrtol the weight on the way down.....like you said you're doing.....that's going slow. Bench press requires an explosion from the chest up so that's good what you're doing. right now I weigh in at about 230. That technique might not be the best for you, everyone's body is different. But I'd suggest that you definatly do it when warming up and hold the weight at your chest for about one and a half seconds....that way you get a good stretch in you chest.

Slow is definitly for bodybuilding. But the reason i chimed in is because your taking about increasing strength. Slow will not increase strength at a rate you want. Speed is power. When you do your basic 3 lifts you do them fast and powerful with lots of force. There is a difference between being strong, and being powerful. And with that style my bench has went from low to mid 400's to 550 plus currently at 230lbs. Not to say what you do doesnt work for you but training for strength, is different then training for size. And i hate to say this but muscle mags are the biggest downfall of strength in this country. Just look around your local gym there full of big WEAK bodybuilders. Not to say some arent strong, but they in no way compare to an equal size powerlifter. If your trainng for a meet train for power.

I know what you mean plj....but it's been my experiance that size = strength....that's howmy body works.
Little Girl.....I was thinking about something else today that has to do with your meet.
A great excercise my coach had me doing when I was in powerlifting was lockouts with bench press. What you have to do is get into a squat cage (some call it a squat cube, but I don't know if you have access to one). Put a bench in the middle of one and and bar on the supports of the rack (where most people would put them so they don't have the weight fall on them when doing squats). Then put alot of the weight on the bar (more than your max), and don't worry about the weight falling on you, the supports will catch it. You'll only need to lockout the weight if you're doing it right. This is more of a mental workout, so when you max out during a comp. you won't be the weight won't feel so heavy since you've felt more. This should be done after your bench workout. I know it sounds kinda complicated so pm me if you'd like me to explain it in other terms. Good Luck!!!

Wow! Good idea! I'll try it asap. I'll give you some news about it!

LG

My gym closed this weekend...4ever! I've no other place to workout for a while I'm so depressed! All the gym around here are not made for my type of costumers... can't wear tank top, can't use chalk, no tested bar...

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

LG

And I forgot to say: I LOST MONEY!!!!!!

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: this is really what I'm doing right now!

LG

Forget that shit find somewhere and even if ya cant use chalk for a month or so till you find a new home go somewhere. Suck it up you will make it fine. I have been there and it sucks but something will turn up. So you don tuse chalk for a bit. You can always sneak a litlle bit in!

Last edited:
I know, I would never ever stop! It's hard though to train with long shorts (to the knee) and with a t-shirt (to the elbow) when you're used to see your muscles working out! That sucks! I hope somebody will open a new gym soon or else I will start lifting rocks in my backyard and pulling my truck!!!

LG

Top Bottom