Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who has had ACL reconstruction surgery?

jpetrie

I suffered an avulsion fracture last year to my tibia. The MRI didn't show a tear to my ACL. However it had been extremely painful so I ended up having an Arthroscopy yesterday They found a full ACL tear and reconstructed it using the hamstring tendon.

After reading people's rehab, I have a few questions.

I have been told to only partial weight bare for 6 week with a brace, however after reading people's recovery online, they have been saying they're walking fine, without crutches after a week. In fact, someone said they were driving after 5 days.

After 13 days I have my sutures removed, on the 14th day I start physio. Do I have to keep my bandages on for the full 13 days?

Thanks, sure I'll have more questions

You need to listen to your physician. Yes you need to keep you bandages on. Want to keep the suture site clean. Everybody heals different so there is no cookie cut answer but I advise you to comply with your doctors orders.

You need to listen to your physician. Yes you need to keep you bandages on. Want to keep the suture site clean. Everybody heals different so there is no cookie cut answer but I advise you to comply with your doctors orders.

Thanks for reply, was just wondering, have not been told when the bandages are allowed to come off, all I know is the sutures come out in 11 days.

Once the sutures are removed you will most likely be able to fully take a shower. That will be nice and when you start PT they will work you out pretty hard so take it easy and relax.

Top Bottom