Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

W6, anyone w/ suggestions for tendonitis?

Sassy69

Hi guys -- I have a question -- I've had some major f'n trouble w/ my shoulders & elbows since my last competition more than a year ago. My trainer had me lifting to failure alot -- not necessarily really heavy, but totally to failure on a regular basis. When I hit a point where I could no longer do respectable side lifts or more reps on the shoulder rotator thingy machine, he would push me thru the last 5 literally by pushing my arms thru the last reps. Same on bicep curls - did those at an ackward angle - arms tight in at the waist and point out at maybe a 30 degree angle from directly in front of me, curling to get full contraction. I got major bicep peaks & good size out of all of this, but now I can't do shit for upper body. Used to be able to do nose busters w/ 65 lb ez bar for sets - now its like 25 lbs and die at 14 reps. I can hardly press 25 lbs dumbbells - was doign 45 lb.

Gawd. Anyway I try to keep my form very tight and only do what I can without really aggravating the situation, but this is silly and very frustrating. A bud of mine is a miracle-worker massage therapist so that helps, but generally it looks like some nice tendonitis gone bad & I dont' know what to do about it. I feel like I'm just gonna get old and fall apart at the rate I'm going.

I've heard MSM pills and/or cream does wonders. I've also taken ibuprofen, etc. to deal w/ the pain. But does that mean its going to go away or just be ok until the next time I do back , shoulders, bi's, tri's or chest? That only leaves a shit load of cardio & legs & abs. Except now my right ankle hurts and I still get sore shoulders from squats. WAAAAAAH!:bawling:

Any suggestions? Is it worth trying to find a decent physical therapist? A massage therapist? Start self medicating w/ heavy prescription drugs gotten from a guy named Chuck on the street corner? Or just sit & quit my bitching??

May need to take time off. Message, ultrasound and ice. Can't live on NSAIDS forever.

Never let things get to that point because once they do, it is almost impossible to get rid of the problem without a substantial layoff.

I have clients that have some problems, but we avoid exercises that make things worse as much as possible.

This is why there are heavy and light weeks in my training schedule. As I have learned, if you want to continue making gains and maintain your best lifts, you have to take a week off every 12 weeks or so and go light everyother week.

W6

I've been doing MSM for about a week -- waiting patiently for the end of week 2 for some results. I also took about 6 weeks off over Sept-Oct so it is still there and w/ a vengeance. I'm also visiting my massage therapist tonite to get the knots worked out. It sucks. I feel like I'm getting so I have to pop a joint before I can do anything anymore.

Top Bottom