Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Stronger Legs

CandyHater

Hi,

I am trying to get stronger legs for sprinting, I dont want to bulk but pure strength.
I was using smith machine to squat back in th day but when I reached 140-145 1 RM Squat. I hit a wall my squat starts to decrease until I hate using the f**king smith machine.

Now I am doing:

Strength Endurance - Fast movement
Lunges 50reps - 2 sets + 7kgx2
Bulgarien Squat - 25resp 3 sets +7kgx2
Reverse Lunges 50reps - 2 sets + 7kgx2

Strength
Bulgarien Squat - 6resp 3 sets +27kgx2
Leg Press 10reps 3-4sets 170kg
Leg Curl 10reps 3-4sets 150kg

Is this good enough to strenthen my legs especially for sprint and Olympic lifting

Hi,

I am trying to get stronger legs for sprinting, I dont want to bulk but pure strength.
I was using smith machine to squat back in th day but when I reached 140-145 1 RM Squat. I hit a wall my squat starts to decrease until I hate using the f**king smith machine.

Now I am doing:

Strength Endurance - Fast movement
Lunges 50reps - 2 sets + 7kgx2
Bulgarien Squat - 25resp 3 sets +7kgx2
Reverse Lunges 50reps - 2 sets + 7kgx2

Strength
Bulgarien Squat - 6resp 3 sets +27kgx2
Leg Press 10reps 3-4sets 170kg
Leg Curl 10reps 3-4sets 150kg

Is this good enough to strenthen my legs especially for sprint and Olympic lifting

You may not like this answer, but it's one that's worked for me always: Cut the bullshit out of your program and just perform 2 lifts 3 days a week, alternating one each week: the squat and deadlift. Get yourself access to a real bar and a squat rack, smith machines are only good to hang towels on.

Now, if you want to gain pure strength without bulking up at all, then keep your number of sets low. Try something like this:

Mon Squat
Wed Deadlift
Fri Squat

Mon Deadlift
Wed Squat
Fri Deadlift

Alternate every other week. If M/W/F is no good for you, do T/Th/Sat or whatever you want. For sets and reps, try:

50% 1RM x 3
60% 1RM x 2
70% 1RM x 1 3 warmup sets to fire up your nervous system and get in the groove, then:

70% x 3
80% x 3 Week 1

70% x 3
80% x 3
90% x 3 Week 2

75% x 3
85% x 3 Week 3

60% x 1
65% x 2
70% x 3
65% x 2
60% x 1 Week 4

Week 5 Add 10 lbs to your 1RM and calculate the %s again.

This week is your resting week, where you recover but still stay in the groove, then come back week 5 and shatter old PRs. Warmup however you'd like, but with this week 4 setup you don't need to warmup, as the target weights this week are your normal warmup sets.

The great thing about triples is that they give you enough volume to have strength and strength endurance without stacking the meat on. Let us know how it goes.

I will give that ago after my next competition. I forget to mention I do Romanian Deadlift and my bw is 66 -68kg.

%4E%6F%20%70%61%69%6E%20%6E%6F%20%67%61%69%6E%00

I will give that ago after my next competition. I forget to mention I do Romanian Deadlift and my bw is 66 -68kg.

%4E%6F%20%70%61%69%6E%20%6E%6F%20%67%61%69%6E%00

At 150 lbs, I would assume putting on muscle isn't all that easy for you to begin with. So if you stick with 2 to 3 sets of triples you can build a great deal of strength without the mass. Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

Nope its not easy but I don't want to gain serious amount of weight at the same time. I have a brilliant cut but thats for show I just want the strength.

I am also 5ft 6 so am pritty short.

Nope its not easy but I don't want to gain serious amount of weight at the same time. I have a brilliant cut but thats for show I just want the strength.

I am also 5ft 6 so am pritty short.

Nice. If you want wiry strength, keep the sets low, 2 to 3, and keep the reps at 3 and you should be all set. Just lift heavy at least some of the time and you'll be strong before you know it.

Any alternatives to Barbell Squats?

I am currently doing Deadlift, Romainian Deadlifts for my legs
I am keeping the reps low but very very heavy weights. I get DOMS on my hamstrings with the Romanian Deadlift but no DOMS with the normal deadlifts only on my Traps, Shoulders or Mid back

I have 4 workouts which I will split into two. Which is best together:

Bench Press and Deadlifts days
Pull ups and Squats days
or
Bench Press and Squats days
Pull ups and Deadlifts days

Top Bottom