Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Quiet Storm; The Rebirth of KB - My recovery journal

Sat, 1/26:

Decided to do a little chest training, but not my typical routine. Tried to do BB flat bench for the first time in a LONG time. No good. Killed the shldr, as expected. Did a little incl DB and hammer strength work tho.

KillahBee said:
Sat, 1/26:

Decided to do a little chest training, but not my typical routine. Tried to do BB flat bench for the first time in a LONG time. No good. Killed the shldr, as expected. Did a little incl DB and hammer strength work tho.

flat bench will fuck up your shoulders fo sho'. The closest I come to flat bench is when I do the seated hammer strength bench press. Otherwise I leave it alone. Various inclines, BB, DB, high incline, regular incline, hammer strength incline.

KB, what kind of warm-up do you do before any pressing motions?

CEO- if you keep your shoulders locked back and tight you shouldn't have any problems benching. Once I learned this I never looked back.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
KB, what kind of warm-up do you do before any pressing motions?

CEO- if you keep your shoulders locked back and tight you shouldn't have any problems benching. Once I learned this I never looked back.

Cheers,
Scotsman

everybody's got plenty of opinions on flat bench. Keeping shoulders locked back and trying to pinch your scapulae together is of course the proper form. A Plifter bench press is different from a bb'er bench too. Plifters get so much arch it's like a decline!

Dorian Yates said:
"Rather than relying on flat bench presses, I opt for incline bench presses as my meat-and-potatoes mass builder. Incline presses allow for a fuller range of motion, which translates into more high-quality muscle mass. I adjust the bench to a 30-degree angle (too much of an incline will shift resistance away from mainly chest to mainly delts), grip the bar about six inches beyond shoulder width and lower the bar to graze the upper chest, before pressing it to arms' length. Never bounce at the bottom. Always tense the pecs for a complete contraction at the top."

Mike Mentzer also felt that inclines were the best pec building exercise.

Seeing how KB already has existing shoulder issues, I would recommend he stay away from flat bench.

Good points all around, many of which I have heard before, fellas. Bottom line - until I get my shldr/bicep fixed, no flat bench for me. I'm surprised I've been able to do as much in DB flat bench as I have.

However, I'm going to change up my routine in 2 weeks when I return from Phoenix anyway. It's about time.

Fri, 2/8:

I don't know what today was. Still dead from the Super Bowl.

Hypers:
35x10x3

DB dl's:
50sx10x4

PU's:
x12x4

BO DB rows:
40sx10
45sx8
50sx6
55sx6

t-bar rows:
55x10
60x8
65x6
70x4

I'm thinking of switching routines up in the next week or 2. Maybe lower reps and higher weights. Challenge is, I need to do some serious cutting and that doesn't coincide well with heavy lifting.

KillahBee said:
Fri, 2/8:
I'm thinking of switching routines up in the next week or 2. Maybe lower reps and higher weights. Challenge is, I need to do some serious cutting and that doesn't coincide well with heavy lifting.

Why not?

Lifting heavy doesn't stop you from losing fat. I'm gaining strength and losing fat like crazy right now. Just have to modulate your diet.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Why not?

Lifting heavy doesn't stop you from losing fat. I'm gaining strength and losing fat like crazy right now. Just have to modulate your diet.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I lose some serious strength when I diet. Maybe that's a sign of me not getting enough calories in said diet....

KillahBee said:
I lose some serious strength when I diet. Maybe that's a sign of me not getting enough calories in said diet....

You don't have to "diet", just change what you're eating. Go high protein, moderate fat, low carb. Do cardio in the morning, take green tea extract, no carbs after 6pm...oh hell who am I kidding, you won't do any of this shit.

Go on about your business.

Top Bottom