Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-contest Dieting - Need Tips

cseg7

Ok, I'm three weeks out of my compitition and need help dropping my last eight pounds or so. The only carbs that I'm consuming right now is a baked potato which is broken into two meals combined with protien. This diet is also extremely low fat, but is there anything that I can do to help blast off this remaining fat?

3 weeks out and you have 8lb of body-fat...You are cutting it so close that I can feel the razor blade near my throat...but, here it goes:
what's your bf% at the present time?
what "supplements" do you have ..RIGHT NOW? Not the "supplements" you can get 2 weeks later..that would be too late..or what supplements can you get in 1 or 2 days..
what "supplements" are you using now?

If you are not comfortable talking about this on the board:
email me:
[email protected]

Mr.X :cool:

Believe me I can feel it too. You have to understand that I used to be fat, I've lost 50 lbs., and am finally ready to start competing. Keep in mind it's a natural show and I'm competing as a fitness competitor. There are only certain things that I can take. Currently I am taking some pretty crazy amphetamines to kill my appetite, but that will only be for another week due to drug testing. I also take American Hydroycuts and Novaldex. My body fat is 19.5% currently. I realize that I might not be ready for this show, but I want to compete in October as well, and if I can't really learn to focus I will be in the same position in October as I am now.

God I hope you meant 9.5%, not 19.5% or I'd have to assume you're competing in a 4H meet... Just kidding, but regardless losing 8 pounds in 3 weeks is madness. You are bound to lose muscle mass in that time and even if you manage to lose the fat, you'd look smaller than had you done it at a slower rate.

19.5%???

that sure is a lot of bf to be carrying if you are doing a show in 3 weeks. what is the rush? the lights on stage are not kind to those that are not in great shape. i hate to say this, but people in the audience including myself laugh at those who enter a bodybuilding show fat, and smooth as a baby's ass. don't embarass yourself. people who pay to see a show, local or otherwise, want to see people who have gone to extremes to display their muscularity. i think it's great that you have come this far, but go the extra mile, and do it properly. wait until october, and compete the way it's supposed to be done. my trainer always told me if you are not in shape the morning of the show, you don't go into the show. i don't mean to sound rude or anything, but i have seen it too often, even with my own friends, and i know i would never display my physique if i know i can lose more or carry my diet further than i already have. well, good luck and keep us posted.

i agree with fem muscles. you just came from being obese (50lbs loss, of I hope : fat) and you want to get into a show? Take your time and cherish your new low bf % levels. 19.5% from say 30% is probably a great feeling in itself. Contest shape = around 6% bf. No way you are gonna make in three weeks. Even if you're willing to sacrifice muscle, your bf % entage would go up as you would have a smaller LBM thus a higher bf. It's not worth it. Compete in October like femmuscle said. Peace

blood_drinker said:
Contest shape = around 6% bf.

for an fitness competition (at the amature level and female, i'm assuming) i think this may be a little low, you should be safe to go in somewhere between 8-12%...

but that still is a lot to loose in three weeks...

i agree with femm and bd, don't set yourself up for disappointment when you have so much to be proud of... keep doing what you were doing for the inital loss and set your sights on October... maybe i'll see you on stage if its a Toronto comp... i've set that for my date too...

good luck

Don't worry guys you haven't crushed me horribly forever. I'm having the same sort of feelings that you are, I think I just needed to hear from faceless people, those who won't put it lightly to spare my feelings. Honestly, my upper body is in great shape but my problematic hips and legs are still lacking. 16 weeks until my October show. I'm going to kick ass. I promise to keep you posted and post pictures from the compitition then.

PS - My body fat went from 38% to 19.5% (yeah fucking me)

Thanks Guys

Top Bottom