Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to EF :)

Canada192

Hi everyone! I am loving this site, I spend all day on here at work (when I should be working) .. there is so much to read and learn about! You ladies are great, I love the motivation and encouragement you can give to others who need it. I can't get enough of this site :)

Anyway, I am needing some critiquing and advice on my diet/training. I have been active at the gym for almost a year now, but in the past 2-3 months have been going stronger. I quit smoking in January and have noticed that I feel a LOT better now.

STATS:
23 years old
5'10
149 lbs
BF: 21% (waiting on a more accurate measurement)
Hips: 38 in
Waist: 30 in
Calf: 15 in
Thigh: 25 in

My gym routine is (unless I have to work a double during the week):

back/shoulders, 40 mins cardio
legs, 30 mins cardio
rest day
arms, 40 mins cardio
chest/abs, 40 mins cardio
active day (walking/light cardio)
rest day

Usually I do weight training for around 30-50 mins per session.

Diet (Is going to need a lot of work):

M1: - 2 pcs whole wheat toast w/1 tbsp peanut butter & 1 tbsp wildberry jam
- 1 cup orange juice OR 1 cup 1% milk

OR

- 2 whole eggs, 2 pcs whole wheat toast

M2: - 1/3 cup granola
- 1/4 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1/8 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup tea with 2 milk and 1.5 sugar

M3: - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup cucumbers, 1 tbsp calorie wise ranch dressing, 1/4 cup shredded marble cheese (in pesto wrap)
- 2 cups water

M4: - 1 cup strawberries OR 1 banana OR some sort of fruit

M5: - 6-8 oz pork, beef or 1 chicken breast
- 1 potato
- 1 cup green veg. &/or 2 cups salad

I also take 1 multivitamin and 1 vitamin C daily. I am on tri-cyclen birth control pills as well.

Please let me know where I can improve, I know there are a lot of things that need to be fixed, so please help!! :) My ultimate goal is to build muscle/gain strength; tighten up everything; lose some of the excess fat I have in my mid-section and be heathier.

Thanks a million!

Canada192 said:
Hi everyone! I am loving this site, I spend all day on here at work (when I should be working) .. there is so much to read and learn about! You ladies are great, I love the motivation and encouragement you can give to others who need it. I can't get enough of this site :)

Anyway, I am needing some critiquing and advice on my diet/training. I have been active at the gym for almost a year now, but in the past 2-3 months have been going stronger. I quit smoking in January and have noticed that I feel a LOT better now.

STATS:
23 years old
5'10
149 lbs
BF: 21% (waiting on a more accurate measurement)
Hips: 38 in
Waist: 30 in
Calf: 15 in
Thigh: 25 in

My gym routine is (unless I have to work a double during the week):

back/shoulders, 40 mins cardio
legs, 30 mins cardio
rest day
arms, 40 mins cardio
chest/abs, 40 mins cardio
active day (walking/light cardio)
rest day

Usually I do weight training for around 30-50 mins per session.

Diet (Is going to need a lot of work):

M1: - 2 pcs whole wheat toast w/1 tbsp peanut butter & 1 tbsp wildberry jam

OR

- 2 whole eggs, 2 pcs whole wheat toast

M2: - 1/3 cup granola
- 1/4 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1/8 cup frozen mixed berries

M3: - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup cucumbers, 1 tbsp calorie wise ranch dressing, 1/4 cup shredded marble cheese (in pesto wrap)
- 2 cups water

M4: - 1 cup strawberries OR 1 banana OR some sort of fruit

M5: - 6-8 oz pork, beef or 1 chicken breast
- 1 potato
- 1 cup green veg. &/or 2 cups salad

I also take 1 multivitamin and 1 vitamin C daily. I am on tri-cyclen birth control pills as well.

Please let me know where I can improve, I know there are a lot of things that need to be fixed, so please help!! :) My ultimate goal is to build muscle/gain strength; tighten up everything; lose some of the excess fat I have in my mid-section and be heathier.

Thanks a million!

Hi Canada-

Welcome to the board!

I'm going to help you with your diet to start with.

Five meals is good, but you need to clean it up.

I will mention the things you should avoid and the things to consider.
AVOID: having lots of fuit, juices, sodas, which equals sugar.
Bread, pasta, anything with four or wheat, anything fried..
READ THE LABELS..
Only you can take care of your body, no one else can. So check everything you eat.

Example diet:

#1 3 or 4 eggs (one yolk or all whites)
Oatmeal.
Coffe or tea.

#2 Chicken or turkey or tuna fish or fish or beef with brown rice or sweet potato.
#3 Protein drink
#4 Chicken or tuna fish or fish or turkey with a salad or vegetables
#5 One pc of fruit or 10 pc 0f nuts.
#6 Fish and vegetables or salad. I usually eat the starchy carbs in the beginning of the day and keep the simple carbs and fish for the latter part of the day.

Count your calories. Peanut butter and nuts are an exellent source of fat. However it doesn't mean you'll eat it a few times a day or you'll end up with too much fat, then have to work hard to burn it off
You can also make your own concoction with the food I listed. Combine whatever you'd like.
Any questions?

Last edited:
Welcome to EF!! :rose:

The women (and most of the men) here are fabulous and loaded with knowledge. Which goal is most critical to you, right now?

Reactions: bw1
Thanks for saying hello everyone! Thandie - thanks for the diet info...I have been trying to clean it up but I find my biggest obstacle is time. It's so hard to find time to prepare the proper meals the day before for the next day, so I think that's where I go wrong. Perhaps I will try and cook enough chicken for the week and keep it in the fridge and have fish on hand (Easy enough being from Northern Ontario) as much as I can for quick meal preparation. Another obstacle I am having a hard time with is that I am not a huge fan of tuna, oatmeal or nuts which seriously limits my diet options. I think the dislike for oatmeal could be just because I don't know how to prepare it properly. Tuna I will eat, but it's the same - I don't really know what to do with it, as I cannot eat it on its own. Now - you say not too much fruit, but everywhere else I read tells me to eat lots of fruit. Living with an italian man, it's VERY hard to avoid pasta - so if needed would you recommend whole grain pasta as opposed to regular? Thanks again!!

DirtyD - The ultimate goal in my mind is to tighten my butt, hips and thighs, and then once this is achieved (or during the process) I would like to build muscle. Now bulkyness isn't an issue as I know it would take ALOT of work to even begin to look like this, and besides - when you want muscle, wouldnt you want to be able to see it?

I should also confess - the weekends are horrible for me as I work in a sports bar, and if a customer buys us a drink, we are supposed to drink it, which is great because its free, but not great because its alcohol and a lot more unnecessary calories. I do allow myself one cheat meal - and it usually falls on a night I am working there.

Can anyone suggest some supplements &/or fat burners to take to help me get over this rut in losing the bit of extra fat? I am not at all worried about the number on the scale, I'm concerned with how my clothes are fitting and what i look like in a bikini :)

Thanks guys!

www.proteabody.com

Xplosive Burn

Canada192 said:
Thanks for saying hello everyone! Thandie - thanks for the diet info...I have been trying to clean it up but I find my biggest obstacle is time. It's so hard to find time to prepare the proper meals the day before for the next day, so I think that's where I go wrong. Perhaps I will try and cook enough chicken for the week and keep it in the fridge and have fish on hand (Easy enough being from Northern Ontario) as much as I can for quick meal preparation. Another obstacle I am having a hard time with is that I am not a huge fan of tuna, oatmeal or nuts which seriously limits my diet options. I think the dislike for oatmeal could be just because I don't know how to prepare it properly. Tuna I will eat, but it's the same - I don't really know what to do with it, as I cannot eat it on its own. Now - you say not too much fruit, but everywhere else I read tells me to eat lots of fruit. Living with an italian man, it's VERY hard to avoid pasta - so if needed would you recommend whole grain pasta as opposed to regular? Thanks again!!

DirtyD - The ultimate goal in my mind is to tighten my butt, hips and thighs, and then once this is achieved (or during the process) I would like to build muscle. Now bulkyness isn't an issue as I know it would take ALOT of work to even begin to look like this, and besides - when you want muscle, wouldnt you want to be able to see it?

I should also confess - the weekends are horrible for me as I work in a sports bar, and if a customer buys us a drink, we are supposed to drink it, which is great because its free, but not great because its alcohol and a lot more unnecessary calories. I do allow myself one cheat meal - and it usually falls on a night I am working there.

Can anyone suggest some supplements &/or fat burners to take to help me get over this rut in losing the bit of extra fat? I am not at all worried about the number on the scale, I'm concerned with how my clothes are fitting and what i look like in a bikini :)

Thanks guys!

Canada192 said:

Thanks guys!

Everyone has the same issue... Time to prepare meals. However, it depends on how badly you want to look good and somehow, the time is there.

If you don't like otameal, maybe cream of wheat?
or I'll tell you how I make it.
Buy McAnn's Irish oatmeal steel cut. I think Quaker is garbage.

1 cup of water
1/3 cup od oatmeal
1/4 tsp salt
sprinkle cinnammon, nutmeg and 5 pc of whole cloves.
1 splenda and 2 stevia (My personal taste) but you can use splenda to taste.

Boil water with all the spices in it including salt and splenda.
Once is boiling lower the fire to simmer, add oatmeal and stir to your liking of thickness. Pronto!

You don't have to eat Tuna or nuts if you don't like it. However, have a teaspoon of flaxseed oil per day. You can put it in your protein drink and won't taste it.

Alcohol: if you work at that establishment, can you secrectly tell the bartender to make you a colored cub soda or something healthier? Don't know, just trying!

No fat burner in the world will help you get where you want to be unless you clean up your diet and stop drinking alcohol. Is that simple...

Once you clean the diet, there are a number of supplements you can take, but at this point will be pointless.

Hope that helps!

Welcome to ef girl. We are all here to help and motivate you as much as we can. I gave you a free plat for a week to help you check out the site and search.

Please put up a avi during this free week because you will no be able to once its over. Unless you go plat. Welcome to the family.

Top Bottom