Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need opinions on diet....

Pineapple Devil said:
does it sound good to exchange the 8 am and the 3:15 meals and take the shake off the morning and put it in with the 3:15 meal for approx 33 carbs and 37g of protein? that will give me less carbs and more protein pre-workout.

you could do that. Just check the sodiom content of the chicken soup. It's probably high in sodium, so make sure you're not dehydrated during your workouts...Dehydrated muscles can't work at their full potential.

Bulldog_10 said:

you could do that. Just check the sodiom content of the chicken soup. It's probably high in sodium, so make sure you're not dehydrated during your workouts...Dehydrated muscles can't work at their full potential.

it is high in sodium. i'll stay hydrated though.

"Water is lost so fast during exercise that it becomes difficult, if not impossible, to replace the amount of water being lost and virtually impossible to increase body water while exercising."

It is already hard enough to stay fully hydrated during a workout...I would stand clear of all high sodium foods prior to workout.

what could i eat? i'll need something to kind of fill me up. 1 pb wheat sandwich would give me about 28 carbs and the shake on top of that but it wouldnt really fill me up. i dont really have time too cook rice or anything so its got to be quick. whats the nutritional facts on green apples and bananas?

Fruits are too high in sugars. You should try to eat real food as much as possible. But, if you can't...a *quality* protein bar can be substituted. Most of them have that same ratio of protein:carbs (30:30).

As far as having your pre-workout meal fill you up...it shouldn't.

Here is a quote from I website I got a lot of good info from a while back...I don't remember the address, but I have a bunch of stuff printed out from it:

"The perfect pre-workout combination is to eat equal amounts of protein and carbs, because your pre-workout meal needs to be moderate-calorie, highly digestible and without an extreme amount of carbs since you don't want a rapid rise in insulin.

Also something very important the 300cal with that ratio (1:1 between carbs and protein) remain the same...(you don't want to go to train with a bloated stomache of course)

Also, if you are at work and you cannot eat normal food, it's totally ok if you replace it with a good protein bar, that provides almost the same ratio between carbs and protein (1:1). Another good option might be to make your own chicken, turkey, or tuna sandwiches. Just remember to stay around the same numbers..."

Oh yeah...this is what it says about post-workout:

"At that time your first post-workout meal must be a supplement so that it can get into your system rapidly and start the process of glycogen storage and recovery."

so would you say either 1 pb wheat or tuna wheat sandwich would work good? then a shake to go with that. 24 carbs in the bread, 7g fat in the pb, 13 carbs in the milk, 30g protein in the shake/milk.

Pineapple Devil said:
so would you say either 1 pb wheat or tuna wheat sandwich would work good? then a shake to go with that. 24 carbs in the bread, 7g fat in the pb, 13 carbs in the milk, 30g protein in the shake/milk.

I'd go with the tuna instead of the pb. Those 7g of fat will make the whole meal stay in your stmoache longer. A tuna sandwich sounds like it would be good alone...with a big glass of water.

hey Serge-my reply was "tongue in cheek"- I assumed pineapple had mis-typed-I'll keep the sarcasm to myself in the future!

Top Bottom