Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My first Workout log on the path to Greatness!

Bro at your age and with your metabolism and with your activity level you can dam well eat what ever you want and your not gonna get fat at this point in your life. If you McDonalds then est it.
If you want pizza then eat it. Eat what ever the hell you dam well please.
BUT
Also make sure that your getting at least 200 grams of protein per LB of total body weight every day.
That protein is whats gonna make the muscle stick to your bod.
So along with all the good stuff load up on Whole Milk, Eggs, Any and all kinds of meat, but as much red meat as you can afford and some veggies.

As far as supps go, really IMO all you need is Protein Powder and some kind of Calcium Zinc and Magnesium supp. The CMZ is the most important of all the mineral supp for bbers. If you wanna take a Multi Vite then thats fine too.
But really it is not required that you spend a fortune on supps.
On the CMZ take dbl the recommended dose.

Btw if you like beef liver then eat that too bro. Its gr8 with scrambled eggs. I love that shit and that will help you a ton in gaining and keeping muscle.

Eat between 4 and 5 times per day but not more then 5 times as that will make your metab even faster IMO.
And these meals need to be as big as you can stand. Eating for you on the SL 5x5 should be a JOB not just something you do.
Man I love food but I find it tuff to eat enough when Im doing the SL 5x5 and do it right.
There you go bro, live it and love it.:evil:

200 grams? 2g per lb I'll take that, and yeah I do more then that :) Steve said milks bad :/

I eat everything lol
And usually aim for 6-8 large meals, so 5 you say, i'm happy to lower it lol
CM Z supps I'll look into it :)
And okay, 5 meals, red meats and meats, 2g per lb is like 110g protien I'm hitting the 200-250 a day, and I'll get those supps, CMZ.

As for all those no no no's buggers lol okay bar it is, extra reps it is then ;p
I was just gonna start at alittle higher on the program and deload 20% and go again until next deload lol :/
But bar it is relax :p
Monday tomorrow! :D whoop whoop whoop :)

Mate Zed's right, take it easy to start with I know it feels like its not enough at first but TRUST ME it will get HEAVY very quickly. It'll be heavy a lot longer than its light! If you feel you need to do something more cos you're a hyperactive nut job (lol!) go for a run or a swim, work on that CV some as you'll NEED that type of fitness in the army a lot. I think you're already very fit but couldn't hurt to be fitter. Train hard fight easy. :)

Steve doesn't like milk and dairy products because he, like most people, doesn't digest it very well. Not everyone is fully lactose intolerant but most people don't have very much lactase enzyme which is required to fully digest dairy products (specifically the lactose sugar in milk) many people have less and less as they age, as such many people get bloated from having dairy product, which basically means they feel full sooner than they would because they're taking longer to digest and so they can't eat as much in total. If you have no problems with dairy, no bloat, mucus (yeah in many people dairy increases mucus production yuk!) or other problems then go for it, like Zed says, you're young and can eat pretty much what you want, as you get older you may find dairy harder to digest.

Oh yeah, I'll be starting SL 5x5 after this contest ends and I'll be starting with the bar on squats, deads and OHP. Bench and row I'm starting with just 60kg (132lbs) as my bench is waaay better than my row and I wanna try to balance them out :) do I'll be just a few weeks behind you bro.

I'm planning this:
Monday weights SL5x5 A or B

Tuesday cardio on heavy bag

Wednesday weights 5x5 A or B

Thursday cardio on heavy bag & kickboxing In the evening

Friday weights A or B

Sat & Sun rest - maybe a touch of sparring or pad work here and there.

This is me training for a fight.

I'll be concentrating on form and lifting as explosively as possible while the weights are low, but I'm not adding anything other than all the AB work and press ups etc I'll be doing in kickboxing classes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat is the stepping stone to victory.

Ooh I see lol
Okay good cause I love my milk haha no problems for me with it :p

And I'm not a nut job :O lol!
Hyperactive sure and a touch crazy yeah lol but other then that lol

Okay well I Start again fresh tomorrow :)

Monday - A or B

Tuesday - 60mins 20kg 50-60%

Wednesday - A or B

Thursday - rest (studies)

Friday - A or B

Saturday - mix cardio n bodywork
200 m jog
20 m high knee march
20m butt kicks
20m crossovers
100m 70%
100m 100%
200m walk
Sit ups n crunches(upside down sit ups) + 20kg 3 sets of 20
Push ups 3xF
Chin ups 3xF
HS push ups 3xF
Bridge 3x60secs
Chin ups wide grip("pull ups) 3xF
Some wall work

Sunday - rest

Then repeat :)

P.s I do 50-100 sit ups each morning before I leave my bed :) unless there's a lovely lady sharing it then I got cardio/body workout ;)

Just make sure all those bodyweight exercises are at bodyweight and be prepared to drop them once things get heavy with the 5x5 you don't want to overtrain. Also don't do each set till failure that's just gonna put too much stress on your joints etc.

There are loads of us who do other stuff than lifting and many other sports include sport specific strength training exercises, you do Muay Thai and boxing right? I'd have thought the calisthenics you do in those sessions would be enough, no need for extra press ups really. look at it this way, you just started a few weeks ago and already had a set back, I know it wasn't workout related but this is life, sometimes it gets in the way so you really don't want to be pushing yourself more than you need and invite injury.

You don't have 2 rest days in a row so I'd suggest you drop every bodyweight exercise you already do in boxing/kickboxing training. Normally I'd say ditch the sit ups too as they're a crappy exercise for the abs and can damage the lower back, but you'll have to do em in the military so just make sure you put a pillow or soft mat on the floor under your lower back when you do them.

Almost forgot, you wanna gain weight right? Well that ain't gonna happen if you're burning away all your food on press ups and pull ups etc, the running you need to do will use up a shit ton of your fuel (food you've eaten) let your body use it to make you gain. Calories going into you need to be greater than calories going out of you if you want gain weight. Let yourself start growing while the workload is light :)

Do it like this.

Monday - A or B

Wednesday - A or B

Friday - A or B

200 m jog
20 m high knee march
20m butt kicks
20m crossovers
100m 70%
100m 100%
200m walk
Sit ups n crunches(upside down sit ups) 3 sets of 20 no added weight.

Chin ups 4x 80% of max reps (i.e. 10 reps max = 8 reps per set) alternate grips from overhand to underhand Only do these if you did workout B on Friday

HS push ups 3xF - do this until you can do 5 reps then do in sets of 4. Only do these on weeks you've done workout A on Friday, you'll have to sack these after a few weeks anyway or it'll interfere with the OHP in 5x5
Bridge 3x60secs

Some wall work - what is this???

Sunday - rest

Do it like this.

Monday - A or B

Wednesday - A or B

Friday - A or B

200 m jog
20 m high knee march
20m butt kicks
20m crossovers
100m 70%
100m 100%
200m walk
Sit ups n crunches(upside down sit ups) 3 sets of 20 no added weight.

Chin ups 4x 80% of max reps (i.e. 10 reps max = 8 reps per set) alternate grips from overhand to underhand Only do these if you did workout B on Friday

HS push ups 3xF - do this until you can do 5 reps then do in sets of 4. Only do these on weeks you've done workout A on Friday, you'll have to sack these after a few weeks anyway or it'll interfere with the OHP in 5x5
Bridge 3x60secs

Some wall work - what is this???

Sunday - rest

As my lessons haven't been at a class boxing was taught from an ex debt collector, not legal kind either, and wing chun by ex sas an Thai again, I got taught need to know stuff only :/
So my training for them consists of what I do :/ lol

Wall work, I stand back from a solid concrete wall, so I could hit it and hard, but I go at it, stopping myself from mm from touching it, great for self dicipline, accruacy and feels great "explosive" really. I do some bag work but gym stopped me, and my 2 got broke :(

My knees, elbows and knuckles are like razor blades, some added strength and they'll be chainsaws ;p

As for food I eat heaps :( and I tried cutting my cardio n stuff and keeped my diet, even raised it and still only slight raises and I bet it was from the strength training -.-

Ooh I'd have cut out the body weight work anyway, I get sick of it...

What's good for abs then? Mine are rock solid without tensing atm so can't be that bad lol :/ and yeah I do them with soft surface under my back lol
Chin ups max 10? Try 30-40 of em at a tempo of 3131 3 secs up sec hold 3 down an hold legs alway crossed or out front so I'm like a L shape.

Push ups 25-30
Sit ups 120-200
HS push ups 10-15
Bridges I could fall asleep by time I got wobbles lol
I do all of em at a 3131 tempo as army requires...
I got no issues dealing with my body, lung capcity could be alot better though, and higher weight needed and strength is needed with that.

I flog army requirements at SF level... besides the BMI lol

In that case do it your way bro, just take care not to overdo it. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat is the stepping stone to victory.

Oh n with the different arts I got taught I went to a proper class but guy asked if I've ever done any lessons in "karate" lol!!! (yes just karate! No specific kind horse shit I'm guessing)
I said no cause I havnt, he keeped using me as a dummy to show the class and he specifically said "try to block and defend yourself okay?"
So I did and with his first strike I put him down face first arm up and foot over shoulder and armpit twisted (I wanted to snap it but didn't lol)
Amd then I got introuble for lying about it and I didn't, so left the stupid place with "karate my arse, what kind? There's like 1500 different kinds dickhead" being my final words to him so classes never worked out and spar fights I only go for proper fights and still they advise against having me go in :( so I don't get many challenges my W-L is currently 32-4 :) and only cause I go for mix weight fights lol and I've had some big arse guys that woulda turned my head 360 when they landed one lol so my 4 Losses were all from K.Os and Always took quiet afew hits ;p one guy swear to god lol I used both my momentum, his on a two arm block, which is like granteed to stop big boys and damn arse still landed hits! Lol scary arse fight, cause I couldn't use headbutting :( or anything "illegal" haha shoulda asked for a UG fight with him >;p lol

Top Bottom