Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Moya's 2012 Transformation Log

Going to have to agree with Mr.O on this. Those weights are impressive, but I think your form could use some work bro. That bench press is crazy looking. Seems dangerous, especially without a spotter there.

Going to have to agree with Mr.O on this. Those weights are impressive, but I think your form could use some work bro. That bench press is crazy looking. Seems dangerous, especially without a spotter there.

According to Mr. Dave Tate that is a text book perfect (power) bench technique.
Good job on that destroya!:qt::evil:

Good form for a contest. Not a good form for preventing lower back injury! It cuts your range of emotion down sooooo much! So the lift becomes easier.

According to Mr. Tate the lower back thing is a non issue. As for the reduced ROM exactly bro, thats the point.
Now I do agree that it may not be optimal for BBing. But if one is injured in the shoulder girdle then this is the way to bench. Or you could do a modified version (per Dave Tate) where you keep your ass on the bench but still do arch your back, but not nearly to the same degree.
And after all the destroya is a power lifter that competes.

I wasn't just talking about the bench form. Those "yates" rows look kind of pointless, unless maybe for a lower back workout lol cuz it is pretty much a deadlift and I remember seeing a deadlift a few months back that he did. It was like 500lbs or something which is pretty impressive, but the bent back hurt me just watching and it was sumo style which also makes it a lot easier. I am not trying to put anybody down. I just don't want to see Moya hurt himself. Going that heavy with poor form is really scary to me. Your numbers are pretty beast for your size and weight bro, definite props there, especially with your squats. I haven't seen any vids of that, but the weights that you do are a lot heavier than I go. I just think that maybe doing a littler lighter weight and keeping good form with a good contraction is more beneficial and safer. I am no expert in powerlifting, but I would assume that you have to keep good form in competitions and if you aren't getting a good contraction, then how can you get any stronger? Just my opinion. BTW, you are looking quite a bit bigger than last years competition. Good job bro, keep it up.

No agrument intended bro just carrying on conversation. Your input is always good bro.

I've seen Dorian Yates demonstrate the way he does rows and he doesn't move his back, having said that Moya did say he prefers to train that way and even said plenty of peeps wouldn't like the form.

If you wanna check his squat it's on his YouTube channel along with the rest of his vids. Gotta say it looks fine to me, although the bend in the lower back in one deadlift vid did make me wince, although I am very cautious with my lower back. I've had plenty probs down there and don't want em to come back!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat is the stepping stone to victory.

thats not a yates row. He would probably laugh at you if he heard you say that. I know your a powerlifter or whatever but damn moya use some form. That is ALLLLLLL MOMENTUM your using. Slow it down and squeeze and that would be DAMN impressive....

by what mechanism do you believe the weight to travel from point A to point B?... i dont find this weight unfeasable by any means given my knowingly factual stats... but i suppose you know how my back felt contracting and how sore i was the next day...

i suppose cleans are worthless in your opinion too?...

have you ever seen how crossifitters do kipping pullups?... not that it's my thing but it is another great example of the backs dynamic capabilities...

thank you zed...

Top Bottom