Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

metabolism increase after meal ?

mike1107

Something curious is happening to me:I did a cutting cycle a few weeks ago,lost +/- 20 pounds (8%bf).
When I came bak to a normal diet,I remarked something strange:when I make a meal in which I eat too much (it happened in vacations ;) , 10 minutes after my heart began to beat a little faster (nothing terrible) and I sweat a little,especially in the meal which includes simple carbs (it happens with complex carbs but less).
Did that cutting cycle lightly increased my metabolism which would provocate that kind of reactions ?
Did it happen to you ? :confused:

My guess would be thermic effect of food...This is from a T-mag article called Lean Eatin' - Part 1...

//--------------------------------------------

While the gurus and pundits of the past believed that all calories were created equal, and while much of the current dietetics herd still believes it, I'm here to tell you why it just ain't true. To do so, I'll focus on three main arguments: the Thermic Effect of Feeding (TEF), cross-cultural studies, and the effects of isoenergetic diets using different foods.

The TEF, as I've said many times before, represents the additional caloric expenditure (above resting metabolism) that it takes to digest, absorb, and process the food you eat. Studies on the thermic effect of different foods have been important in describing the different effects of the macronutrients on metabolism.

The TEF lasts from between one to four hours after eating a meal. When adding up the thermic effects from each of your meals, this extra metabolism represents between 5% and 15% of your total daily energy expenditure. Therefore, if your daily energy expenditure is 3,000kcal, about 150 to 450kcal of that comes from the TEF. Interestingly, different macronutrients tend to have different effects on metabolism.

Welle et al. (1981) and Robinson et al (1990) demonstrated that during a normal six hour period of rest and fasting (basal metabolism), subjects burn about 270kcal. When eating a single 400kcal meal of carbs alone (100g) or fat alone (44g), the energy burned during this six hour period reached 290kcal (an additional 20kcal). Interestingly, when eating 400kcal of protein alone (100g) the subjects burned 310kcal during this six hour period (an additional 40kcal). Therefore, protein alone had double the thermogenic power vs. fat or carbs alone!

//---------------------------------------------------------------

I've had the same thing happen to me at times.

Top Bottom