Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

license for deadly weapon (a dog)

In that case shouldn't cars also be registered as lethal weapons?

I see you are also overstating your case again. There are few dogs that are bred to kill.......even then few are born killers. Good care and proper training will make most dogs very amenable.

Why did you put German Shepherds and Rotts on your list??? Do you actually know anything about this subject? or just what you read in the scaremongering press?

big_bad_buff said:

these dogs should be used for one thing, to attack and kill like they were bred to do. you should not have war machines living with children or anyone else. it's crazy...get a normal dog. not a freakin killing machine

Imnotdutch said:
In that case shouldn't cars also be registered as lethal weapons?

I see you are also overstating your case again. There are few dogs that are bred to kill.......even then few are born killers. Good care and proper training will make most dogs very amenable.

Why did you put German Shepherds and Rotts on your list??? Do you actually know anything about this subject? or just what you read in the scaremongering press?

Cars are inanimate objects that are not intended to be weapons as a firearm would be. Cars do, however, require licenses for operation (as do firearms).

I doubt the whole "natural born killer" media conception of dogs is true, but I don't have enough information to base that on; however, a dog is an animal and an animal responds to stimulus. My dog is the nicest litttle guy around my family, but he absolutely hates strangers and would probably try to bite one despite his small size. He's not a natural born killer, nor was he bred as one... but the fact remains that even if your german shepherd is a great family dog, he is capable of severely harming a stranger.

My mentioning of shepherds has nothing to do with the press. It has to do with first hand experience.

-Warik

Warik said:

Cars are inanimate objects that are not intended to be weapons as a firearm would be. Cars do, however, require licenses for operation (as do firearms).
-Warik

True. Cars and firearms are inanimate objects. However, cars are in some instances intended as weapons (as in the case where the woman ran over her husband several times with her car). Nonetheless, there are many things that we use in everyday life that could be used as a weapon...do we need licenses to utilize these things, or even to own them??

IhateOsama said:

FIRST OF ALL LITTLE WUSSIE BUFFLESS THOSE DOGS WERE NOT PITS, ROTS, OR G SHEPHERDS. THEY WERE A MASTIFF HYBRED THAT IS BREAD TO ATTACK AND KILL PEOPLE. MASTIFFS WERE ORIGINALLY USED TO TAKE DOWN PEOPLE BY THE ROMANS. THE PRES. MASTIFF HYBRED IS A SUPER HUMAN KILLER BREED. YOU SHOULD NOT LUMP OTHER DOG BREEDS WITH THEM. PLEASE GET RID OF YOUR SWIRLY FACE AVATAR OF A ALMOST BUFF DUDE! YOUR MAKING THAT GUY LOOK LIKE A WUSSIE PUSSIE.

great, and you must be puc, or some other stupid ass that doesnt't know anything. what were pitbulls raised for? what are german shepherds raised for? rots? do you know? or are you just acting like a complete idiot for fun?

I've been on the wrong side of German Shepherds too........my uncle used to train them as security dogs. However, they tend to be scared off easily with a good hard slap......at least in my experience. And they needed training to respond aggressively. From what I hear, Pits and Ridgebacks are a different story though.

Maybe owners should be expected to follow a basic course before owning a dog.

Warik said:

I doubt the whole "natural born killer" media conception of dogs is true, but I don't have enough information to base that on; however, a dog is an animal and an animal responds to stimulus. My dog is the nicest litttle guy around my family, but he absolutely hates strangers and would probably try to bite one despite his small size. He's not a natural born killer, nor was he bred as one... but the fact remains that even if your german shepherd is a great family dog, he is capable of severely harming a stranger.

My mentioning of shepherds has nothing to do with the press. It has to do with first hand experience.

-Warik

Warik said:

Dont even bother man. Imnotdutch runs searches everyday for threads i post or post in. then he tries to argue with me, even though he knows i'm right. it's kind of this thing we have going i guess.

-Warik

Don't even bother man. Imnotdutch runs searches everyday for threads i post or post in. then he tries to argue with me, even though he knows i'm right. it's kind of this thing we have going i guess.

Hey Imnotdutch, do you know the difference between a car and a dog? I hope your not that stupid, but i don't doubt that you are. what about house cats? if these things were 120 pounds, would we allow them to roam were they please? my point is, that they are all animals, and they all have their basic instincs, we dont bother with the smaller nice dogs. but i think we should with the huge attacks dogs

bunnymt said:

True. Cars and firearms are inanimate objects. However, cars are in some instances intended as weapons (as in the case where the woman ran over her husband several times with her car). Nonetheless, there are many things that we use in everyday life that could be used as a weapon...do we need licenses to utilize these things, or even to own them??

Yes but cars are not built to be weapons. A gun is built to be an instrument of death and destruction. A car is built to be a method of transportation.

Pencils, golf clubs, and boxcutters can be used as lethal weapons of death and destruction, but that's not what they're made to be.

Now, a dog is not "built" to be a weapon of death and destruction. It's "built" to be a loyal companion and friend. A dog, however, is not a machine. It's a living organism capable of responding to stimuli and thinking to a certain extent. I'm not proposing that people should have to jump through hoops to own a larger dog. They should just be able to prove to a reasonable degree that they aren't complete idiots when it comes to animals. Have they owned large dogs in the past? Are they new owners who have done lots of research? Are they buying a puppy or an adult dog? etc... You wouldn't give an adult pitbull to a newbie dog owner, but a puppy to someone who has searched high and low for info about pitbulls is NOT a big risk.

-Warik

Warik, I see your point. However, if I am not mistaken, regarding the mauling and death of Wipple in San Francisco, these dogs were licensed dogs. Despite the fact that this couple had a license to own these dogs, or presumably even if they did not have a license, they certainly had some experience with handling bigger and "meaner" dogs, an innocent woman was killed. Will licensing prevent gruesome attacks, such as the one forementioned, from occurring in the future?

bunnymt said:
Warik, I see your point. However, if I am not mistaken, regarding the mauling and death of Wipple in San Francisco, these dogs were licensed dogs. Despite the fact that this couple had a license to own these dogs, or presumably even if they did not have a license, they certainly had some experience with handling bigger and "meaner" dogs, an innocent woman was killed. Will licensing prevent gruesome attacks, such as the one forementioned, from occurring in the future?

what about the other 304 people in the U.S that die each year from dog attacks? licensing probably would prevent gruesome attacks. people might start to think: hey i better keep my dog chained up, or keep it inside. or even better, they might not buy the dog if they can't take care of it correctly. strict laws make people think. believe me.

Top Bottom