Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Game Review : LEFT 4 DEAD 2

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
Holy damn. I played this for 6 hours straight last night.

They upgraded the zombies from Night of the Living Dead style to 28 Days Later Style. Fast now, and bitches run in a zig zag pattern to make it hard to headshot them.

The other old characters (Tank, Boomer, Hunter, Smoker) are pretty much themselves. But witch and her old bad self got an upgrade so she isn't just sitting in the corner crying like a teenybopper who can't go to the New Kids On The Block concert. She is up and wandering around sharing her grief with everyone.

The new special infect are hit and miss. The Charger is the one with the Hellboy style arm and the other arm withered down like a stick. The Jockey hops on your head like a, well, jockey and rides you out of your control. Into flames, groups of infected, over ledges and cliffs, etc.. The Spitter is a new addition as she spits acid puke everywhere to make it impassable and easier to separate you from the other survivors so the other zombies can attack you and wear you down.

The weapon upgrades are melee types (various types though I like the sword the best.) including a chainsaw that is handy for a while but gets old quick. There are several different kind of machine guns now. (M16, AK47, etc..) I am sticking with the basic assault rifle and on occassion some other type of special ops gun. (not the submachine gun). There are different kinds of shotguns, autoloads, combat shotguns, tactical shotguns. Don't know the difference in these as I haven't used them yet. Even got a grenade launcher

Pretty fun so far. My only gripe is that the old game allowed you to have two firing weapons. Your primary and then the secondary (pistols) in this one, you can only have one firing weapon and either backup pistols or a melee weapon. I hate that.

I only played L4D for about a week or so. Couldnt really get into it that much.

Maybe Ill check this out down the road if it goes on sale.

I just saw the commercial again, and been thinking bout getting it. I think COD MW2 has to come first tho.

What's the replayability like? That was my major gripe with the first one. That and the fact it got ridiculously hard.

And the zombies ran in the first one as well once you alerted them or they were swarming you.

And the zombies ran in the first one as well once you alerted them or they were swarming you.

They were basically sleep walking in the first one compared to this one.

Zombie clowns.... need I say more?

Top Bottom